• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot understand at all what was Terry's thought process. A guy who has made his living destroying fastballs in a PH role and you use an undisciplined rookie in Valdespin over him. Not to mention Scott had a basehit in the 7th.

Cannot understand at all. Ug, they have to win tomorrow now with Niese.

Prade

Man the game of baseball is something. One week we've got all the momentum in the world, the next we're starting to spiral. I said it before that the first game with the Nats is the type of game that just deflates teams. So far the Mets are not proving otherwise.

jman2050

Man the game of baseball is something. One week we've got all the momentum in the world, the next we're starting to spiral. I said it before that the first game with the Nats is the type of game that just deflates teams. So far the Mets are not proving otherwise.

Nature of 162 games. One game is such a tiny part of the season, heck, a week's worth of games is only significant in aggregate.

It's just a grind for everyone involved.

Jemile you freakin' bum. Juan Pierre lite.

Some brah just proposed to his daughter during the game.
randy-stare-wwe-wwf-jaw-dropping-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-480.gif

verbum

It may be a rain out in Atlanta today. 90-100% chance of rain between 12 PM and 6 PM. Big group of showers on the Florida-Alabama line heading NNE.

clemenx

Banned
Vladdy is a playa.

Former MLB star Vladimir Guerrero should be sweating the thousands of dollars he owes in child support to FIVE different baby-mamas ... but turns out the baseball star is loaded with over $25 million in the bank, this according to legal docs.

A new paternity lawsuit filed by Heidy Ogando required Guerrero to reveal his finances -- and turns out he has 8 children with 5 different women ... and shells out $25,621 a month in child support.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/10/vladimir-guerrero-baby-mama-child-support

I'm actually surprised with the amount he has on the bank, seems pretty smart for an athlete.

Not sure if it was clemenx or dmncby2k9 who said it, but you called it:

Confirming Saturday's ESPNNewYork.com report, Triple-A manager Wally Backman said in Buffalo that the organization has now resolved to move Jenrry Mejia to a relief role with the International League club in preparation for a call-up to the majors in that capacity.

Mejia made seven minor league starts across three levels in what was viewed as the rehab phase from Tommy John surgery, which was performed on May 16, 2011.

In the Triple-A phase, Mejia had a 1.12 ERA in three starts spanning 16 innings. He allowed five unearned runs in his final start Saturday.

Mejia, 22, worked out of the Mets bullpen in 2010.

Prade

Fastball at the letters, 94 plus, center of the plate.

Good pitch or bad pitch? How hittable?

Depends on the type of swing a hitter has. If it's nice and level, the the hitter can eat it up. At 94 though, you can get away with it especially if you "surprise" him.

Prade

I hate seeing fastballs looked at for strike 3. Protect you ninny! Welp, it's about that time.... Yep blowpen time.

We're getting swept.

How many pitches has Niese thrown? He can pitch the 8th, right? RIGHT?

Oh God here we go, schizo Parnell now.

EDIT: Jesus I hope that was a bad hop and not a whiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom