• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux

Banned
The Frankman is pleased that you are pleased. Let us share in this joyful moment with a hearty chant:

tumblr_m19d6xrqKq1rqfbiro1_400.gif

Fucking Canada. I can't insult that country or the people. Such respectful people.

Blue Jays winning the AL East is going to be fantastic.

Even the Red Sox announcers can't stop droning on and on about Bard, even though he hasn't even started a game yet. A good starter is more valuable, but these guys won't even give him a fucking chance.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Even the Red Sox announcers can't stop droning on and on about Bard, even though he hasn't even started a game yet. A good starter is more valuable, but these guys won't even give him a fucking chance.
i think he'll be the red sox's best starter behind lester, but he won't be going 200 innings this season.

i think he'll be the red sox's best starter behind lester, but he won't be going 200 innings this season.
Yeah, I expect he won't pitch a ton of innings, but people need to at least give a chance early on here. The goal should be to find a way to make this bullpen work (hint: put Aceves back as a setup man), not immediately bail on Bard before he even gets a chance, which is what every single armchair analyst is screaming right now it seems. If Bard is a complete bust after 5-6 starts or when he gets up in innings later in the year, then the discussion makes sense.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Had a job interview during the game, but just wanted to pop in and congratulate the Mets on sucking less than the Braves this series. Good job, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom