• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BCoHe.gif

66z2k.gif

TheNatural

My Member!
I remember the story when Lee Corso was the coach of Indiana football. After scoring an early touchdown and Indiana was up on #1 Ohio State 7-0, he had the photographer go out on the field with him and a couple coaches and take a picture of him with the scoreboard in the background with Indiana up in the first quarter.

That's how I kind of feel for Baltimore fans. Orioles 3-0, Yankees and Red Sox 0-3. Good times.

1.) Fuck you Max, you useless hack
2.) Fuck you Schlereth and Coke, you useless hacks.
3.) Good game and series Boston. Can't imagine how you are feeling
4.) Thanks Miguel, thanks Alex. You guys get fuck yeahs!

1.) Fuck you Max, you useless hack
2.) Fuck you Schlereth and Coke, you useless hacks.
3.) Good game and series Boston. Can't imagine how you are feeling
4.) Thanks Miguel, thanks Alex. You guys get fuck yeahs!

You're a Lions fan, yes you do.

Also, never have I seen a Sox team with this bad off a pitching staff from top to bottom. Pretty intense.

turnbuckle

Not worried about max. usually has a few awful games with the rest being mostly above average to very good. this offense is fantastic and if jackson can keep it going were gonna win 100 this year.

Gaborn

Not worried about max. usually has a few awful games with the rest being mostly above average to very good. this offense is fantastic and if jackson can keep it going were gonna win 100 this year.

Seriously, Jackson for me is the real story so far. I already KNEW what Fielder and Cabrera could do, it's great to see Jackson with a much better and more productive swing so far though.

TheNatural

My Member!
SMH. This is the type of shit I would expect from Chris Carpenter:

Buehrle cut his thumb trying to open a jar of mayonnaise on Thursday, hours before facing the Reds.

"I came in to make a sandwich and they said, 'You know we have people who can make sandwiches for you,'" Buehrle told the Palm Beach Post. "(I said) 'I'm a grown man, I can make my own sandwich.' It was just a complete freak thing."

Buehrle said he'd be fine for his next start, Thursday in Philadelphia.

Buehrle said he was thinking about his thumb during the first inning of Thursday's 4-0 loss to the Reds. He gave up a run on a walk, a hit, a hit batter and a sacrifice fly. He only allowed two runs on seven hits in six innings overall.

"The ball sat right there, a couple of times I would move my thumb forward just thinking I don't want to rip it or hurt it even worse," Buehrle told the newspaper. "Once I realized I'm all over the place, walking guys and hitting guys, I said, 'screw it. I got to deal with it.'"

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
2012 Final Standings

East

Baltimore 3-0
Tampa Bay 3-0

Central

Detroit 3-0

West

Seattle 4-1

Wild Cards

Tampa Bay/Baltimore 3-0
Toronto 2-1

Tampa Bay vs Baltimore 1 Game Playoff. Loser plays at Home vs. Toronto for Wild Card Playoff.

CY Young - Jered Weaver
MVP - Nick Markakis
ROY - Yoenis Cespedes
MOY - Buck Showalter

--------------------------
East

Mets 3-0

Central

Cardinals 4-1

West

Dodgers 3-0

Wild Cards

Washington 2-1
Cincinnati 2-1
Houston 2-1
Pittsburgh 2-1

Washington vs. Pittsburgh, Cincinnati vs. Houston. Winners play each other for Wild Card Playoff.

CY Young - Chad Billingsley
MVP - Corey Hart
ROY - Zack Cozart
MOY - Terry Collins

i was way off

Gaborn

"I came in to make a sandwich and they said, 'You know we have people who can make sandwiches for you,'" Buehrle told the Palm Beach Post. "(I said) 'I'm a grown man, I can make my own sandwich.' It was just a complete freak thing."

Apparently not.

bjb

Banned
The Braves have lost eight straight games dating back to September. With essentially the same team and personnel (minus Chipper currently).

Given how largely ineffective his play and pre-game speeches were last year - I'd say they're still in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom