• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm somewhat worried about that too, though I'd spare everyone the generalization about "Japanese pitchers." There HAS been commentary, however, about how he pitches a bit more directly but doesn't have the sheer stuff of a Darvish.

I dunnooooo

It's just money. I'd do it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the most exciting part of Baseball contracts. Unless you are a real fuck up the vast majority of your contract is guaranteed so these international signings especially can get real interesting real quick.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm somewhat worried about that too, though I'd spare everyone the generalization about "Japanese pitchers." There HAS been commentary, however, about how he pitches a bit more directly but doesn't have the sheer stuff of a Darvish.

I dunnooooo

It's just money. I'd do it.

Exactly they're the Yankees, money doesn't really mean shit to them.

If he's as good as advertised then hes obviously going to help them out. If hes not then whatever, they're used to paying guys 20 million a dollars to do jack shit anyway.

El_Chino

Exactly they're the Yankees, money doesn't really mean shit to them.

If he's as good as advertised then hes obviously going to help them out. If hes not then whatever, they're used to paying guys 20 million a dollars to do jack shit anyway.
This is the most anti-Yankee comment I've read in a while.

The Yankees don't have unlimited resources like everyone claims they do. Everyone has a limit. Also the Yankees stated they would make an aggressive offer but not over bid.

Also besides A-Rod and Maybe TeX (injured lately) who have the Yankees paid "$20+ mil" to get shit in return?

Friggz

It's called the situation at hand. How long have the Yankees been pushing for $189 mil? 3 seasons now? The sons are not George. The days of $210mil+ payroll are long gone.

they have pushed for 189, but they already arent going to meet it. Yankees are going to have a payroll over 200mil this season.

Sanjuro

Doesn't change the fact that the Yankees aren't the same Yankees from before.

...except that they still are. Land of Make-Believe stuff going on here.

Again, should note to all the kiddos, I don't care that they have money! I don't believe in salary caps or ghosts.

El_Chino

they have pushed for 189, but they already arent going to meet it. Yankees are going to have a payroll over 200mil this season.
Only if they sign Tanaka or any other free agent

There's no reason they can't be, though.
People change.
...except that they still are. Land of Make-Believe stuff going on here.

Again, should note to all the kiddos, I don't care that they have money! I don't believe in salary caps or ghosts.
So I guess I must be losing my mind every time I read/hear Cashman and the sons saying they don't want to overpay for players and letting Cano walk away.

Sanjuro

So I guess I must be losing my mind every time I read/hear Cashman and the sons saying they don't want to overpay for players and letting Cano walk away.

They obviously didn't see Cano as a solution moving forward. Still, they break their "word" by signing Ellsbury anyway.

RBH

Sucks. :(

Good thing the Mets will always fuck themselves up.

image.php

Talon

I am right here. I think Wells is done so I doubt it would work out but it is only money so what the hell sign everybody. Maybe they could get a few good weeks out of him like the Yankees did last year. I doubt it tough.
Eternal Sunshine of Yankeehater's Mind

Do you have a HD-DVD player? I'd have to respect that.

Yeah I have one. I cant get it to work on my slim 360 so I have to connect one of the old fat 360s to use it but it still works. I actually bought a ton of cheap movies once they announced no new support for it.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Yeah I have one. I cant get it to work on my slim 360 so I have to connect one of the old fat 360s to use it but it still works. I actually bought a ton of cheap movies once they announced no new support for it.

I just don't know how a product that contained 5 syllables in its name was ever going to win against a competitor that only had 2 syllables. I mean, what were they thinking?

Also the whole "smaller capacity" thing.

I just don't know how a product that contained 5 syllables in its name was ever going to win against a competitor that only had 2 syllables. I mean, what were they thinking?

Also the whole "smaller capacity" thing.

Oh I agree. I remember Toshiba reps saying people would pick it because it has HD in the name, ut people could see that the movies were the same price and that Blu-ray disks could hold more space. I was lucky I had both so I could just buy the movies I wanted on what ever format they came out on first.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
And of course, having it as the default drive in a new console helped a lot too.

But I'm serious when I say that Blu-Ray won because it had a cooler, easier to say name.

And of course, having it as the default drive in a new console helped a lot too.

But I'm serious when I say that Blu-Ray won because it had a cooler, easier to say name.

Sony was also super smart to bundle a movie with the PS3 at first. Everyone with a PS3 and an HD TV could see the benefits of Blu-ray right away with out having to spend a penny.

Top Bottom