• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

zulux21

Getting Tanaka would complete a nice off season for the White Sox. Here's to Tanaka choosing them!

I'm torn on this... I would like to see him there, but it's such a high potential for a huge huge huge burden on a payroll.

I mean so many unknowns with how he will actually do in the majors... and rumors of his contract being one of the larger ones for pitchers in history before he even throws a pitch in the majors...

on the flip side... if signing him keeps the white sox from going after left handed power hitters that do nothing but hit home runs and strike out I am all for that.... (having a completely useless pitcher earning 20 mil a season is better than having adam dunn on your team for 15 mil.) I was sick of Thome doing that, and then the sox went and got the inferior version of Thome past his prime in Adam Dunn :/ gotta love his -1.7 war he has had since he joined the sox for 43 mil so far :/

aFIGurANT

Can't wait until the Rangers trade Profar to make room for Odor.

ibsE8WX4n8PzCw.gif

*I probably shouldn't be talking since I'm hoping to praise Wong.

Zep

Banned
So is Seattle the dark horse for Tanaka? They are hardly mentioned as a candidate, it's always Yanks, Dodgers and Cubs.

All signs point to no at the moment. Really unfortunate too, because that could be some really good pub while the Seahawks are off this week.

BFIB

I'm not sure I can live in a world with a thin CC. What's next, Pablo not needing to be lifted to 3B on a forklift?

Zep

Banned
With the weather being so shit, I needed a laugh and Ruben has provided the lol'z...

Ruben Amaro Jr. really said this shit said:
"I have to take a chance on Marlon Byrd because there's so many other things I've got to do. If I go get [premier free-agent outfielder] Carlos Beltran, then I can't take a chance on [pitcher] Roberto Hernandez. "

Now for anyone who's thinking, "who the fuck is roberto hernandez?!" That is the real name of one year wonder Fausto Carmona. Carlos Beltran stops him from getting a premier talent like that. You can't make this shit up.

With the weather being so shit, I needed a laugh and Ruben has provided the lol'z...

Now for anyone who's thinking, "who the fuck is roberto hernandez?!" That is the real name of one year wonder Fausto Carmona. Carlos Beltran stops him from getting a premier talent like that. You can't make this shit up.

I am just glad that they didnt get Beltran. I hate that fucking guy.

Top Bottom