• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

pie.202020.jpg

Hey man Felix and Corey Patterson were overhyped. At least one of em has to pan out. Hoping Bryant and Soler are as advertised. Vogalbach is likely to be traded in a package to get an ace, but if Rizzo stinks it up again he may be gone instead.

Seems like Jason Parks thought hard about putting Baez first instead of Buxton.guys suppose to have Stanton like powah. Exciting times are coming to the Windy City?

eznark

Banned
Hey man Felix and Corey Patterson were overhyped. At least one of em has to pan out. Hoping Bryant and Soler are as advertised. Vogalbach is likely to be traded in a package to get an ace, but if Rizzo stinks it up again he may be gone instead.

Oh man I clicked to quote you before you added anything about Corey Patterson, now you stole my thunder!

Vogelbach is going to be a spectacular (and hilarious) bust for whoever picks him up. Also, they will need a forklift.

eznark

Banned
My only hopes with Baez are that 1. the Cubs ruined Castro, hopefully they can do the same with him and 2. The Cubs seem unwilling to admit they ruined Castro and in the process might ruin Baez with a position switch!

Other than that...ugh, he's sick.

My only hopes with Baez are that 1. the Cubs ruined Castro, hopefully they can do the same with him and 2. The Cubs seem unwilling to admit they ruined Castro and in the process might ruin Baez with a position switch!

Other than that...ugh, he's sick.

Scouts seem to think he would do better at 2nd or 3rd. Needs to improve a lot to play SS regularly. Castro ain't that hot at SS though really.

broadcastteam.png

That's a damn fine broadcast team if I do say so myself. Looks like Rick Monday isn't involved anymore as Steiner and Hershiser are doing the road games and radio.

RBH

The Athletics have agreed with Eric O'Flaherty on a 2-year, $7 million deal, pending a physical. O'Flaherty is still recovering from Tommy John surgery and is expected to return in June 2014.

Oakland's going to have one hell of a bullpen this season.

jakncoke

Banned
Sorta unproven. If somebody has to take that risk, might as well be the Yankees.

*crawls back under my bridge*

Wasnt the new system suppose to prevent things like this? Or was it basically just out to make sure Pirates dont have the power to over slot for guys in the draft and spent excess money in international portion

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Or the dodgers.

I thought the Tanaka move was a business move as much as a roster move... Tanaka goods and fans from Japan would have made up for the tax hit...

Garza isn't as sexy

Looks like Rick Monday isn't involved anymore as Steiner and Hershiser are doing the road games and radio.
I was wrong about this. Rick Monday is still part of the broadcast team and will still be working the radio gig with Nomar when Steiner and Hershiser are on TV for road games.

Of course it took me until now to notice Rick in the picture. lol

Top Bottom