• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

rando14

Making splashes!

Chone figgins?

iKZqO1dLvdZD.gif

jakncoke

Banned
It's only awful if that's essentially your only way to get batters out. Running your pitch count up because you're trying to strike out everybody isn't very helpful if it forces your team to put in a crappier pitcher to save your arm.

I know Gerrit Cole ERA went down and game distance increased as he stopped trying to strike out every player and worked more to contact.

cashman

Banned
It's only awful if that's essentially your only way to get batters out. Running your pitch count up because you're trying to strike out everybody isn't very helpful if it forces your team to put in a crappier pitcher to save your arm.

Striking everybody out doesn't run up a pitcher's pitchcount. Walking people does.

Hey guys who can the Mets sign that's still out there? You think Johan would come back on a minor league deal? Discuss
1) they're waiting on Stephen Drew's market to see if they can land him cheap.
2) They look into a getting another spot starter/long reliever, but since they got Lannan maybe not.
3) Fuck you.

BFIB

I still think the Red Sox see what they could get for Carp. With Napoli at 1B, and Nava able to back up 1B when needed, Sox could get a decent return.

Unless Cory Vaughn is moved to 1B. Not gonna happen.
I think they actually invited him to Spring Training this year. I have to recheck the minors, but outside of Nimmo Vaughn is the closest thing the Mets have to an OF prospect. Good Lord...

Sandy and Co. are damn miracle workers getting pitching prospects, but hitting... notsomuch.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays making "a significant baseball-related announcement" today, with Sternberg, Silverman and Maddon all in attendance.

Guessing this isn't for Logan Forsythe. My guess would be a Joe Maddon extension. Can't imagine him showing up for something else. Or maybe they're announcing they're leaving Tampa. It's probably something lame like a new stadium sponsorship.

Best case scenario is probably a Wil Myers extension.

Fox318

Rays making "a significant baseball-related announcement" today, with Sternberg, Silverman and Maddon all in attendance.

Guessing this isn't for Logan Forsythe. My guess would be a Joe Maddon extension. Can't imagine him showing up for something else. Or maybe they're announcing they're leaving Tampa. It's probably something lame like a new stadium sponsorship.

Best case scenario is probably a Wil Myers extension.

Move to Montreal is finalized?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Could be a signing. Balfour maybe? Cotillo thinks so.

Ken Rosenthal
Source: #Rays signing Balfour.

JeffPassan
Sources: Rays deep into discussions with closer Grant Balfour. Believed to be talking about a two-year, $12M deal.

whoo hoo!

didn't break the bank either. seems good to me.

eznark

Banned
No draft pick loss...I'm ok with this. Nice cheap deal. I assume he'll pitch a grand total of around 525 innings but he's a cheap risk for a 2+ WAR pitcher.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Greg Maddux going into the hall with NO LOGO.

I feel sick

Cygnus probably has something to do with this

Greg Maddux couldn't decide what team he enjoyed playing for more.

Not sure why you'd feel sick. I figured you would understand what he was going through more than anybody else.

Top Bottom