• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

The Show 14 for Ps3 menu
6upamaqy.jpg

eznark

Banned
The Bobby Bonilla deal.

I'd sign Ortiz to that deal. $30m over 25 years would be a steal. What's $1.2m a year today, not to mention how much nothing it will be in five years? I mean if he has three productive years that's fucking awesome. Bonilla got that deal as a retirement agreement when he was clearly finished as a player and had been for a couple years.

Malo

Banned
I'd sign Ortiz to that deal. $30m over 25 years would be a steal. What's $1.2m a year today, not to mention how much nothing it will be in five years? I mean if he has three productive years that's fucking awesome. Bonilla got that deal as a retirement agreement when he was clearly finished as a player and had been for a couple years.
If it was just $30m I'd do it in a heartbeat as well, but he'll probably want something significantly more than that.

aFIGurANT

I believe there were dinosaurs.

Then there were humans.

Then they used every competitive advantage available to win at sports.

You missed the part after the third step where grown men compete to see who can work out the hardest and get the biggest (in a gym, naturally) and who are so openly against PEDs that they speak out against them at any opportunity.

I do think things are silly when you get to the point where yes we are paying to see the very best athletes do the very extreme limits of what the human body is capable and yet we refuse to let them augment themselves with chemicals, but, still. I think baseball players know and understand that there is not much you can do without some natural talent and lots of work in the gym/on the practice field.

Sanjuro

Yes. Because it regularly worked out well for the athletes speaking out against PEDs.

Again, for arguments sake. I don't disprove of PED usage.

jakncoke

Banned

Min wage is 500k and raises with with cost of living. MLB average salary rose again to 3.39 million in 2013. So really 1.2 a year is chump. From 2003 to 2013 the average salary went from 2.372 to 3.39

One thing I do to waste time is look at how small salaries were back then on br, crazy even with inflation factored in most made 1/5 the min wage

aFIGurANT

Yes. Because it regularly worked out well for the athletes speaking out against PEDs.

Again, for arguments sake. I don't disprove of PED usage.

I feel you, I think. But when the Neanderthal-looking Matt Holliday wants words with you after warmups because he saw you with the shady guy in the bulging coat last night, well you have my sympathy.

Sanjuro

I feel you, I think. But when the Neanderthal-looking Matt Holliday wants words with you after warmups because he saw you with the shady guy in the bulging coat last night, well you have my sympathy.

Pretty sure after he saw the shady guy, his first words would be "Stick it in my ass."

aFIGurANT

Pretty sure after he saw the shady guy, his first words would be "Stick it in my ass."

Not to belittle you but the day Matt Holliday is busted is the day the Sox trade Papi to the Yanks and begin the next 80-year drought. The dude is all about beasting in the gym and I'm sure he takes tons of shit (orally, not anally), but nothing banned. He would be one of the biggest hypocrites in our era if he got busted for anything.

Sanjuro

Not to belittle you but the day Matt Holliday is busted is the day the Sox trade Papi to the Yanks and begin the next 80-year drought. The dude is all about beasting in the gym and I'm sure he takes tons of shit (orally, not anally), but nothing banned. He would be one of the biggest hypocrites in our era if he got busted for anything.

i4J2LgtRuFZL3.gif

eznark

Banned

You can't train with McGwire and be considered clean.

cashman

Banned
You missed the part after the third step where grown men compete to see who can work out the hardest and get the biggest (in a gym, naturally) and who are so openly against PEDs that they speak out against them at any opportunity.
You missed the part where kids from latin america are trying to secure a big pay day that will lift them and their families out of poverty.

jakncoke

Banned

You can use PED and not get caught, unless you're naive and only think the people that have been caught are the ones that have used ever. Are you a Cardinals fan by chance?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Top Bottom