• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

RBH

Going on 5 and a half hours in this traffic! Atlanta traffic is the worst but then you add snow...woah!!
Thank goodness for @RealCJ10 ! Saved me on a 4 wheeler!
Home after 11 hours...
https://twitter.com/FreddieFreeman5

BfHvj04IEAALlWE.jpg

Friggz

Lance Berkman is retiring..now would be a good time to remind everyone that in his draft year at rice univeristy he hit...

431/.538/1.032 with 41 HR and 134 RBI in 63 games

Dat lack of an ace - I would have loved to see CHI get Tanaka just so that the NL Central was cemented as an even more tough division to win.
The division is going to be tough enough in the near future with the Pirates and possibly the Cubs if their prospects pan out. No need to make it worse by allowing the Cubs to fill in one of their biggest holes with a potential impact player without them giving up something of value aside from money (which they have a lot of anyway). Make them trade two or more of their prospects to get an ace, at least.

eznark

Banned
The division is going to be tough enough in the near future with the Pirates and possibly the Cubs if their prospects pan out. No need to make it worse by allowing the Cubs to fill in one of their biggest holes with a potential impact player without them giving up something of value aside from money (which they have a lot of anyway). Make them trade two or more of their prospects to get an ace, at least.

i hate you

thefro

Considering they have a high draft pick this year and probably will again next year I think they can draft an ace.

So apparently the Jays had deals for Brett Anderson and Ian Kinsler that both fell through...Kinsler's was nixed because he invoked his no-trade clause, but I wonder if the other cancelled Rangers-Jays trade happened before or after? And I vaguely remember there being some story about the Rangers almost trading for Arencibia before they were able to sign him. I can't say I'm happy at all with how the Jays' offseason has gone so far, but at least there's some sign that AA has kind of been making an effort.

Are you talking about the Sony executive in Europe talking about upcoming PS4 games? Dude probably doesn't even know what baseball is.

Do the Show games not release in Europe? I always assumed they got a worldwide release. Especially with how starved new consoles are for content, it seems weird they wouldnt mention a big exclusive like that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do the Show games not release in Europe? I always assumed they got a worldwide release. Especially with how starved new consoles are for content, it seems weird they wouldnt mention a big exclusive like that.

I think they do get released in Europe but they basically sell zero copies, its an irrelevant game in Europe and pretty much not worth mentioning over there. I really wouldn't look into that comment meaning anything.

But the overall silence from Sony SD is pretty weird in general. Game should be like 2 months away at most and they haven't really said anything at all.

Parch

I can't say I'm happy at all with how the Jays' offseason has gone so far, but at least there's some sign that AA has kind of been making an effort.
Not easy making moves. Having the biggest off season last year didn't accomplish much, and that's going to be the difference now. Fans will not be going into the season with ridiculously high expectations this year, and therefore a mediocre season won't hurt as much.

Getting rid of Arencibia is good enough for me. Flushing that turd was the biggest priority IMO.

santeesioux

I just want ps4 the Show by mid April. Planning on getting that Infamous Ps4 bundle in March, and a sports game is always a good game to show off dem graphics.

The Royals have agreed with Bruce Chen on a 1-year, $4.25 million deal. The contract contains a $5.5 million 2015 mutual option (which has a $1 million buyout) and 2014 incentives worth $1.25 million.

jakncoke

Banned
I don't play cellphone or facebook games. Just curious what other MLB product will be out there. Haven't played anything other than the show for close to a decade.

I cant imagine anything good coming of it. First news broke sometime in January out of the blue, its now basically February and I dont think anything has been released be it a screenshot, a direction of the game(will it be a sim, arcade). Supposed to be out in what 2 months and we know nothing of it?

Sanjuro

I cant imagine anything good coming of it. First news broke sometime in January out of the blue, its now basically February and I dont think anything has been released be it a screenshot, a direction of the game(will it be a sim, arcade). Supposed to be out in what 2 months and we know nothing of it?

Oh, I'm not anticipating great quality. I wouldn't mind a throwback MLB game that plays like a retro game.

Baseball Stars and RBI Baseball were my favorite! Bruce Hurst was fucking dominant.

rando14

Oh, I'm not anticipating great quality. I wouldn't mind a throwback MLB game that plays like a retro game.

Baseball Stars and RBI Baseball were my favorite! Bruce Hurst was fucking dominant.

I want a new Ken Griffey Presents Major League Baseball

with Griffey's stats reflecting his current fat self of course!!

aFIGurANT

Did MLB-GAF fail to be right on top of the offseason news or am I old?

Michael Young has retired. He is tied for 3rd most 200-hit seasons for a MI if I read MLBN's factoid right. We lost some serious Tex-vets this week for sure.

Top Bottom