• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

3N16MA

Banned
We could always trade one our other OF prospects. Between using a comp 1st on Barret Barnes in 2012, spending 5 million on Josh Bell in 2011, and drafting Austin Meadows in the 1st this year. With Polanco nearing majors. One has to wonder what exactly are they trying to do

Yanks willing to offer a young INF stud who goes by the name of Eduardo Núñez.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I wish the Rays catchers were that garbage offensively.

But I like watching Jose Molina catch. Makes umpires look like total jokes behind the plate.

eznark

Banned
I actually thought he nose dived in the second half. I guess his September is just coloring my memory. He also started real slow if I recall.

But I like watching Jose Molina catch. Makes umpires look like total jokes behind the plate.
Lucroy is the second best framer too! He is the total package.

We could always trade one our other OF prospects. Between using a comp 1st on Barret Barnes in 2012, spending 5 million on Josh Bell in 2011, and drafting Austin Meadows in the 1st this year. With Polanco nearing majors. One has to wonder what exactly are they trying to do
Rafael Montero. Future Number 3 behind Cole, Still on

I wish the Rays catchers were that garbage offensively.

I liked the pickup of Hanigan. He is a nice player. But yeah I love the fangraphs gifs of Molina framing.

Cobb-vs-Cervelli.gif

btw. Lobaton to the south side has been rumoured heavily and he sure would be a nice upgrade offensively.

3N16MA

Banned
I actually thought he nose dived in the second half. I guess his September is just coloring my memory. He also started real slow if I recall.

Lucroy is the second best framer too! He is the total package.

1st half: .276/.319/.473, .342 wOBA/116 wRC+

2nd half: .286/.363/.433, .349 wOBA/120 wRC+

His power did fall of in the 2nd half.

At least there aren't any pitchers close in the system for a couple years. Of course I say that and Tim Cooney will now probably win a Cy Young this year.
Marco Gonzales isn't projected to be a top arm but is expected to move quickly and will probably slot comfortably at the backend of the rotation. Between Miller/Wacha/Martinez/Lynn/Kelly/Garcia, we should be fine as long as there isn't an epidemic of injuries or suckiness. There's also Lyons/Gast/whoknowswhoelse as potential stopgaps. Maybe Maness doing his best Brad Thompson impression if all the wheels fall off?

BFIB

Isn't that what Bourjos is for?

I think the Cards see Bourjous playing Jay out of a spot in CF. What would had been real intriguing is if Taveras never had the ankle injury, and how that would have factored into the slotting of Craig in RF and Adams at 1B.

Passable is good enough to unseat Jay.
That's what I'm hoping for but I don't know what Jay could realistically fetch in a trade.

If Oscar hits like a 70 or 80 with okay defense in CF, Bourjos becomes the 4th OFer. Not too optimistic about Bourjos' bat since wrist injuries tend to mess hitters up for a while. If everybody is hitting, it's a good problem to have.

aFIGurANT

Bourjos/Tavares is a lot more attractive of a platoon than Jay. But yes OT is going to have to be pretty amazing to break out this season just because he's blocked three different ways.

Personally I want him to spend the first three months in the minors so I can see him face off against my local AAA team in late May. I got robbed last year with his ankle sprain and of course Wacha pitched the game I had to miss.

What's the projected opening day lineup?
C Molina
1B Adams
2B Wong
3B Carpenter
SS Peralta
LF Holliday
CF Jay/Bourjos platoon
RF Craig
?

aFIGurANT

What's the projected opening day lineup?
C Molina
1B Adams
2B Wong
3B Carpenter
SS Peralta
LF Holliday
CF Jay/Bourjos platoon
RF Craig
?
Ellis and Wong will both have to prove themselves in ST much the same as Jay and Bourjos will. Otherwise yes. Looks good to me.

Ellis and Wong will both have to prove themselves in ST much the same as Jay and Bourjos will. Otherwise yes. Looks good to me.
Jay/Bourjos is likely more of an open competition than Wong/Ellis is likely to be. Mozeliak has emphasized that 2B is Kolten's job to lose and Ellis appears to understand he's slotted for a backup role.

I didn't realize we're only 6 weeks away from opening day. My favorite and least favorite day of the year. Because if you lose that first game everybody seems to be ready to hit that panic button.

Time really flies...

eznark

Banned
Aoki was already a rapidly diminishing commodity. I'm thrilled they were able to get rid of him when they did. As far as Davis, he is obviously not going to be a .949 OPS guy but he doesn't have to be. He just has to be Aoki last year (poor) as long as Braun is Braun.

Ramirez and Gomez are the big question marks to me. How far will Gomez backslide and how long can ARam play. If he plays 120 games I'll be happy.

Scooter and Lucroy will keep being kinda garbage offensively while hopefully Segura is able to put it together for a full season.

Gallardo is what he is. Capable of being an ace but generally more like a 4. Every pitcher will keep them in games which is nice, certainly won't win any though. Their defense is improved with Scooter and XXXXX at first. They have a bit more range in right with Davis but his arm is laughably bad.

All in all I think the Effectively Wild guys said it best, it isn't hard to find a good team in there. They don't even need that much to go right for them to be .500. If things do go right for them (Davis is actually good, Scooter gets on base, Ramirez stays healthy, Gallardo finds it) then you can actually see a playoff team.

Right now though, I'd say 79 wins of forced to guess. We'll see who emerges at first and how the bullpen shakes out though.

Scratch all of this bullshit. If the organization thinks KRod makes the team better, then this club is fucking dogshitgawdawful. 55 wins.

eznark

Banned
No joke, that sucked all my excitement out. Bring back YuniB at this point. Just pull the trigger Doug. Just fucking do it. End my misery.

3N16MA

Banned
A-Rod voluntarily dismissed the cases against MLB, MLBPA, and Bud Selig. A-Rod not fighting the good fight anymore.

Gannd

Banned
A-Rod voluntarily dismissed the cases against MLB, MLBPA, and Bud Selig. A-Rod not fighting the good fight anymore.

He wasn't going to win. The Yankee's just saved themselves a whole heel of cash. I wonder if he shows up to Florida or has the sense to stay home.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
A-Rod is going to show to Yankees camp in disguise with a fake identity.

Yankees need a 3B, he needs some money, works out for everybody.

3N16MA

Banned
I had to take myself out of the GAF fantasy league for this season (too many leagues). So if you're on Parch's waiting list you might get in after the 15th.

Malvingt2

MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors
Arroyo gets a $23.5MM guarantee, reports ESPN's Buster Olney. $9.5MM salary in 2014 & 2015, $11MM club option for 2016 with a $4.5MM buyout.

Top Bottom