• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Macattk15

Because adding Robinson Cano gave them a total of 1 major league caliber position player when they previously had 0. And also he's over 30 and they signed him for a bajillion dollars.

Don't you dare talk about Kyle Seager that way sir, I won't have any of it.

Also Brad Miller will prove to be a ML Caliber player this season. The infield isn't the Mariner's problem ... it's everything else.

h3ro

BgUXCwHIMAA7RwS.jpg:large

Jesus Christ!!!!! Dude looks he is suffering from cancer.

what the fuck

Don't you dare talk about Kyle Seager that way sir, I won't have any of it.

Also Brad Miller will prove to be a ML Caliber player this season. The infield isn't the Mariner's problem ... it's everything else.

Seager's so so offense keeps making me forget that he's a 3.5 win player, my bad.

RIP Fregosi

He was entertaining as Jays manager..........and we will always be grateful for him sticking with Mitch Williams in 1993

Edit - He is still alive but off life support

Coming off the Freeman deal, at what point do the Angels start to engage Trout in extension talks (if they even can?). The Freeman deal was interesting in that Atlanta basically didn't just take his arb years for granted like most teams used to do, which caused them to pay more in the back end of a players' declining years. Would Trout and his agent even think twice if the Angels offered something like 8 years/$180 million right now?

Malo

Banned
Coming off the Freeman deal, at what point do the Angels start to engage Trout in extension talks (if they even can?). The Freeman deal was interesting in that Atlanta basically didn't just take his arb years for granted like most teams used to do, which caused them to pay more in the back end of a players' declining years. Would Trout and his agent even think twice if the Angels offered something like 8 years/$180 million right now?
You should read the fangraphs article Dave Cameron put up earlier today. He suggested 9/260 or 10/300.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/so-what-does-a-mike-trout-extension-look-like-now/

Dave Cameron thinks that would be about $100M short.

edit: must post faster

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Trout is going to be so god damn expensive barring a catastrophic injury/decline that you basically have two options if you are the Angels.

Wait out his contract and make a bid when it's all over.

See if anyone will trade for him near the end of it.

Enron

Banned
mlbGAF Fantasy Rejects League

Darkside has not yet renewed his team
Texeira's Tailor (I think this was zep?) has not renewed his team
First Half Collapse (I think this was cashman?) has not renewed his team.

Guys, please see whatever email you used to sign up with and renew your teams. If you do not wish to do so, please let me know asap so i can find new owners.

We also have 1 slot at the moment for a new owner, so PM me with an email address to send the invite to if interested.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
mlbGAF Fantasy Rejects League

Darkside has not yet renewed his team
Texeira's Tailor (I think this was zep?) has not renewed his team
First Half Collapse (I think this was cashman?) has not renewed his team.

Guys, please see whatever email you used to sign up with and renew your teams. If you do not wish to do so, please let me know asap so i can find new owners.

We also have 1 slot at the moment for a new owner, so PM me with an email address to send the invite to if interested.

renewed

why didnt you tell me anything before

Enron

Banned
Jim Fregosi passed away, RIP

Braves special assistant Jim Fregosi, a former All-Star shortstop and manager known for his gregarious personality and baseball accumen, died early Friday in a Miami hospital after suffering multiple strokes four days earlier.
Fregosi, 71, was taken off life support night and sedated Thursday at Jackson Memorial Hospital. He was flown to Miami from Grand Cayman on Wednesday, after falling ill Sunday during a major league baseball alumni cruise from the Cayman Islands. Doctors had kept him in a Grand Cayman hospital for a few days to stabilize his condition.
Fregosi died at 2:36 a.m. with his family by his side, son, Jim Fregosi Jr., told MLB.com’s Tracy Ringolsby.
After an 18-year playing career that included six All-Star seasons with the Angels, Fregosi managed parts of 15 seasons in the majors and had a 1,028-1,094 record with the Angels, White Sox, Phillies and Blue Jays. He guided the Phillies to a 97-65 record and 1993 World Series berth after rallying from a 2-1 deficit to beat the Braves in three straight in the National League Championship Series.
Fregosi’s outsized personality and sense of humor made him a perfect fit for that colorful “Macho Row” Philadelphia team that featured catcher Darren Daulton, first baseman John Kruk, center fielder Lenny Dykstra and pitchers Curt Schilling and closer Mitch Williams.
James Luis Fregosi was born April 4, 1942, in San Francisco, and raised in nearby San Mateo, where he was a four-sport high school star in football, basketball, baseball and track. He received multiple college football scholarship offers but opted to sign with the Red Sox for a $20,000 bonus.
After his first full minor league season, Fregosi was selected by Los Angeles Angels with the 31st pick in the 1960 expansion draft. He became the franchise’s first star for is still regarded as one of the Angels’ all-time best players.
Fregosi was a .265 career hitter with 78 triples, 151 homers and 706 RBIs in 1,902 games, including a league-leading 13 triples in 1968 and career-highs of 22 homers and 82 RBIs in 1970 – serious power numbers at the time for a middle infielder.

Malvingt2

David O'Brien ‏@ajcbraves
#Braves Teheran gets 6-yr contract plus 1-yr club option. He still 2 yrs from arb, so this buys out all arb years plus 1 or 2 option yrs.

Braves and Julio Teheran's deal is confirmed to be a 6-year, $32.4 million extension. The deal buys out all of Teheran's arbitration years and his first two years of free agency. The deal also has a club option for 2020 worth $12 million with a $1 million buyout.

Top Bottom