• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Malo

Banned
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
Yankees quietly encouraged and excited about what they see in Michael Pineda-- signs of velocity increase. A big X-factor for them.
I want to believe.

Malvingt2

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi
Robinson Cano took batting practice at grand opening of Mariners facility in D.R. yesterday; does not need to report to camp until Monday

I wonder where is the facility locate at in D.R.

3N16MA

Banned
6NJfPQt.jpg

I need to see the bench.

Mets GAF prepare to cry. Eric Young Jr. has the inside track to make the team. Collins said he's the leader to bat leadoff. Lagares would go back to AAA.

Syrinx

Mets GAF prepare to cry. Eric Young Jr. has the inside track to make the team. Collins said he's the leader to bat leadoff. Lagares would go back to AAA.

What the fuck Terry...

I like Young, but Lagares should absolutely be the day 1 CF and it baffles me that TC would have him start in AAA.

What the fuck Terry...

I like Young, but Lagares should absolutely be the day 1 CF and it baffles me that TC would have him start in AAA.
They're worried he can't hit for shit. More from the recent talks:

In listening to Collins today and his talk with SNY, hearing Sandy on WFAN this week, and putting it all together with how this roster is constructed, the only thing we know is this: Granderson will play every day in left field. Otherwise, I think both Eric and Chris Young and Lagares will rotate in and out and around center field, right and second base, with Murphy getting more days off and a bit of time at corner infield. I just don’t think any spot will be set in stone. They may want to lock in to a lineup, but I just don’t see how it happens, unless they send Lagares to Triple-A, which would be a crime.

According to multiple reports, if Duda wins the starting job, Davis will either be demoted or traded. In the event Davis wins the job, Duda could be demoted, but may also stay on the big-league bench as a left-handed power bat and extra outfielder.

Wilmer Flores will play some games at shortstop this spring, Terry Collins announced Friday in St. Lucie. Collins said last week that he will also use Flores at second and third base (Kernan, Feb. 4).

Team reports indicate Flores improved his agility and quickness at this winter’s strength and fitness camp.

“If that’s the case,” Collins said, “I want to see it.”

Otherwise, as it stands, Omar Quintanilla and Ruben Tejada will compete to be the team’s starting shortstop.

According to Collins, Anthony Seratelli is a viable option as a back-up infielder.

Syrinx

They're worried he can't hit for shit. More from the recent talks:

Still pretty surprised they didn't trade either Davis or Duda.

Anyway, the Mets have some solid parts, but they're struggling to see where all of them fit. Still a year away from contention imo.

RBH

Braves and Julio Teheran's deal is confirmed to be a 6-year, $32.4 million extension. The deal buys out all of Teheran's arbitration years and his first two years of free agency. The deal also has a club option for 2020 worth $12 million with a $1 million buyout.

ibas5NPHEZeVps.gif

MLB may never find another face to replace Derek Jeter.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10449733/derek-jeter-mlb-single-most-important-player
By Jayson Stark

ByOkhDs.gif

I think Trout and Harper are on their way to being the new faces.

I don't understand who is who or what was said.

And one of the best council leaders gets banned.

RIP Sanjuro

Don't you put that evil on me!

Forever and always.

I told you to cut that buddy-buddy crap already. he's the enemy now.

I think Trout and Harper are on their way to being the new faces.

Harper seems to rub people the wrong way. Just like Pete Rose did.

Trout though I agree. It still keeps me up at night that we passed on him in the draft for Jared Mitchell. Never heard of him? Well I'm not surprised.
Yeah I know every team could fill pages of players they passed on, but still...

Trout though I agree. It still keeps me up at night that we passed on him in the draft for Jared Mitchell. Never heard of him? Well I'm not surprised.

[BOB SHEPPARD VOICE]"now batting, number 6, center fielder, Mike Trout"[/BOB SHEPPARD]

just imagine.....

So basically buy your parking pass early or else we're going to make you spend $5 for making people wait longer.

I'm okay with this.
I'm just glad there's gonna be single game tickets this year to buy. Heard a rumor that ticket holders was gonna buyout all tickets. Just a rumor.

if I had to i'm ok going in with relatives sharing/buying season tickets.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Maybe we'll get lucky, Uggla will rebound a little, and by July one of the Dodgers or Yankees will come knocking.

JCizzle

Getting the mlb.TV renewal notice just reminded me that FOX agreed to give up out of market blackouts on their Saturday games starting this year. Fucking stoked!

Friggz

HanRam ain't walking through that door. I WON'T LET HIM GO.

i am curious what the yankees are going to do for short stop next year. i think they are waiting for the Aledmys Diaz situation to play out before they do anything with stephen drew. But id love the farm to have a big year so they can package up something for Tulo..Hanley is obviously nasty, but i feel a full time move to third is only a year or two away.

zulux21

Getting the mlb.TV renewal notice just reminded me that FOX agreed to give up out of market blackouts on their Saturday games starting this year. Fucking stoked!
that's good, now i can catch my fox games if i get mlb.tv this year (i accidently let the audio renew but i am ok with this)

now now I know jared mitchell mighty future star of the white sox organization as soon as he figures out how to hit, how to defend, and stops hurting himself :p

Parch

There are two openings in the Yahoo fantasy NEOGAF Baseball League. Any of you from the Rejects League want to join us in a head-to-head league to go along with your roto league?

This is a 14 team head-to-head keeper league. Live snake draft is Wednesday March 19th 7PM ET.

These spots are open to any GAF member, first come first serve. PM me your Yahoo account email and I will send you an invite. First 2 to accept that invite will get in the league, so don't hesitate. I need your email.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, NA

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

Top Bottom