• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

jbug617

Banned
Mulder's comeback is over.

@MikeDiGiovanna: Mark Mulder's comeback with #Angels is over before it began. The LHP suffered a ruptured left Achilles doing agility drills.

Guess he goes back to ESPN

h3ro

So it's been about 7 months now since I've relocated to Atlanta for work from NYC. Went to Turner for a single game last summer, hoping to go to quite a few more this year and would love an ATL/Braves-age meet up! Maybe grab some food or drinks before a game, or even catch a game at a local place around Buckhead or Mid-town.

I promise to only wear one piece of Jeter paraphernalia.

Enron

Banned
There are two openings in the Yahoo fantasy NEOGAF Baseball League. Any of you from the Rejects League want to join us in a head-to-head league to go along with your roto league?

This is a 14 team head-to-head keeper league. Live snake draft is Wednesday March 19th 7PM ET.

These spots are open to any GAF member, first come first serve. PM me your Yahoo account email and I will send you an invite. First 2 to accept that invite will get in the league, so don't hesitate. I need your email.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, NA

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

Just so you all know, I won this league last year too, so any mlbGAF Rejects that participate in Parch's league run the risk of getting beat by me TWICE in one season!

*flex*

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AL East is going to be a bloodbath this year.

Surprised that the Yankees still haven't signed Drew. Unlike the Mets they really don't care that much about their draft picks as they're only going to flip those prospects anyways!

It looks like Blackace is no longer a mod

grumpycatgood.jpg

So it's been about 7 months now since I've relocated to Atlanta for work from NYC. Went to Turner for a single game last summer, hoping to go to quite a few more this year and would love an ATL/Braves-age meet up! Maybe grab some food or drinks before a game, or even catch a game at a local place around Buckhead or Mid-town.

I promise to only wear one piece of Jeter paraphernalia.

I see the council has penetrated the empire state of the South. now await further instructions. Operation Jeter herpes strain will commence.

Enron

Banned
grumpycatgood.jpg

I see the council has penetrated the empire state of the South. now await further instructions. Operation Jeter herpes strain will commence.

There's already a shitton of stankees down here. I went to one of the interleague games a couple seasons ago and the vermin all came out of the woodwork.

Well, let's see how long it takes before what I've said goes to the top. I need to know who can step up as the new leader of Mets-GAF if I suddenly get future endeavored.

So how do you guys feel about your teams schedules this year? Was looking at the Rangers schedule and it seems like there's more inter league games than usual, at least for the Rangers. Hell they open a 3 game series against Philly......

Also got a 3 game series against the Mets, Nationals, the Braves.... No games against the Cubs this year though.

Don't worry man I got it.

harvey_savg5k3g.gif%3Fw%3D400%26h%3D224

So how do you guys feel about your teams schedules this year? Was looking at the Rangers schedule and it seems like there's more inter league games than usual, at least for the Rangers. Hell they open a 3 game series against Philly......

Also got a 3 game series against the Mets, Nationals, the Braves.... No games against the Cubs this year though.
Dodgers schedule seems pretty good. We've got the Tigers, Indians, White Sox, and of course the Angels this year for inter league games. That Tigers series should be pretty hard for us I think.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wait, there's a league mandate that all teams have to start using metal detectors by the start of the 2015 season?

XiaNaphryz

Is there? First I've heard of this.

Giants just had this press release:

The Giants announced today that beginning this season, all fans entering AT&T Park will be screened with metal detectors. This complies with Major League Baseball's mandate that all teams begin using metal detectors by the start of the 2015 season.

The increased security measures are the result of MLB's continuing work with the Department of Homeland Security to increase and standardize security practices across the game.

3N16MA

Banned
Reading through a few pages of NBA GAF and they have some drama in there. MLB GAF has to be the most laid back and easy going one of the 4 (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL).

XiaNaphryz

Reading through a few pages of NBA GAF and they have some drama in there. MLB GAF has to be the most laid back and easy going one of the 4 (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL).

Considering the ketchup debate is the only real time people get up in arms around here, I agree.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Well, let's see how long it takes before what I've said goes to the top. I need to know who can step up as the new leader of Mets-GAF if I suddenly get future endeavored.

Dodgers and Giants gaf can combine and take over. Sitcom style comedy ensues. Its our colors anyway.

BFIB

WTF? Blackface demoded?
Sanjuro banned? Eznark banned? Zep banned?
All that's left is council. God help us all!

Top Bottom