• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Never thought I'd say this, but Frankman would actually be a pretty big loss. Dude is the heart and soul of Mets-GAF.

Malo

Banned
Whoa wtf happened? I come back wasted to see a great purge?

Looks I'll be on IRC more. GAF isn't the same anymore, everyone's dropping like flies.

Kingbrave

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin 32s

#Braves have agreed to a four year deal with Craig Kimbrel, avoiding arbitration. Deal includes an option for a fifth year.

Enron

Banned
Don't like this deal. I don't care if its Craig Kimbrel. Never pay closers.

Although if you ARE going to pay one, this is the one you should pay I guess.

At least its not 13 mil a year lol phillies

RIP Frank, and everyone else that went down. A known troll poster runs free and and has his behavior essentially rewarded/justified, and the community is frozen during their all-star event. Numerous quality/long-time posters who have actually contributed greatly to GAF in general (hosting IRC, making OTs, producing media, etc) are lost...but hey, at least it's cool to troll if you time it right. Sucks.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin 32s

#Braves have agreed to a four year deal with Craig Kimbrel, avoiding arbitration. Deal includes an option for a fifth year.
RIP Heyward and Justin

TzOHBH7.jpg

jbug617

Banned
True, not sure how I feel about him really. I'd like him back as insurance against any struggles that Xander has by being a super utility guy, but not as the starting SS. That's never going to happen though.

Seems like the team likes him. I rather have Xander and Middlebrooks start the season.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
nearly 11 a year for a closer? sheeeeeeit

Although Kimbrel is the only closer in the league who would be worth that so...
Well that's probably a discount to what he would have cost without an extension. My issue is with the guaranteed years. But he's only 26, so it's probably a pretty good deal.

Kimbrel breakdown:

-- $1 million signing bonus

2014 (age 26): $7 million
2015 (age 27): $9 million
2016 (age 28): $11 million
2017 (age 29): $13 million
2018 (age 30): $13 million club option/$1 million buyout

Kimbrel can earn an additional $3 million in incentives via a point system. The system is as follows:

-- Cy Young award winner: 10 points
-- MVP award winner: 10 points
-- All-Star selection: 5 points
-- Finishing 2nd or 3rd in Cy Young voting: 5 points
-- Top Cy Young vote-getter among pitchers with less than 5 starts: 5 points
-- Finishing 2nd or 3rd in MVP voting: 5 points
-- Finishing 4th or 5th in Cy Young voting: 3 points
-- Finishing 4th or 5th in MVP voting: 3 points
-- Each season with at least 57 games finished: 3 points

Kimbrel will earn an additional $1 million if he hits 20 points. He will earn an additional $0.5 million with every 5 points he hits after up to 45.

There is no no-trade clause because the Braves don't do no-trade clauses.

3N16MA

Banned
Wait... Frank got perm'd?

I finally read up on the nba thread and Gucci is bitchmade for snitching.

Damn, looks like several long time posters are gone for good.

I'm not sure why anyone takes anything said in these threads to heart. Step back and realize it's words on a screen.

Yo guys, I'd be a bit careful what you say. A Couple of guys got banned on NFL for saying stuff about the happenings of NBA Thread. No mod was in the thread or anyhing....Shit's getting weird.

Malo

Banned
Damn, looks like several long time posters are gone for good.

I'm not sure why anyone takes anything said in these threads to heart. Step back and realize it's words on a screen.
The internet is serious business.
Yo guys, I'd be a bit careful what you say. A Couple of guys got banned on NFL for saying stuff about the happenings of NBA Thread. No mod was in the thread or anyhing....Shit's getting weird.
Who's snitching? Gucci lurking and snitching or is it someone else?

They got sleeper cells in community. Shit ain't safe bros.

3N16MA

Banned
Yankees are to intensify their pursuit of Ervin Santana in the coming weeks. Why? Lol

Why the fuck would they do that? Dude will be Hughes 2.0 in YS and get pounded in the AL East. I rather they take a chance on Ubaldo if they really want another starter.

Top Bottom