• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Malo

Banned
You know, I'm a trend-setter. I get banned, then everybody follows.

Let's compile a list of noted MLB-GAFFERS down for the count:

1. Frankman
2. Zep
3. Eznark
4. Sanjuro
5. Cervantes
6. Vas (Free as of an hour ago)

Who else got pinched?
I think that's it for MLB Gaf.

Parch

Any of you from the Rejects League want to join us in a head-to-head league to go along with your roto league?

This is a 14 team head-to-head keeper league. Live snake draft is Wednesday March 19th 7PM ET.

This spot is open to any GAF member, first come first serve. PM me your Yahoo account email and I will send you an invite. First to accept that invite will get in the league, so don't hesitate. I need your email.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, NA

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)
Self quote.
There is just one spot left in the Yahoo Fantasy NEOGAF Baseball league. Yours for the taking.

3N16MA

Banned

1. Frankman
2. Zep
3. Eznark
4. Sanjuro
5. Cervantes

Who else got pinched?

RklZTVx.gif

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I am excited to see how Arodys Vizcaino pitches for the Cubs in Spring. Him and Pedro Strop at the back-end of the bullpen makes me excited.

It would be cool if he could live up to his potential. It's hard to come back from two straight years of missed development time though. What are the reports on his velo?

aFIGurANT

Self quote.
There is just one spot left in the Yahoo Fantasy NEOGAF Baseball league. Yours for the taking.

This league was really good last year. It lacked the fucking depressing year-long enron lead that the rejects league offered. Being H2H helps with the competitive balance obviously so you guys need to join up!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

1. Frankman
2. Zep
3. Eznark
4. Sanjuro
5. Cervantes

Who else got pinched?

Ninja Scooter.

Orioles and Ubaldo Jimenez are close on a 4-year, $48 million deal. Orioles would forfeit their first round pick in the 2014 draft due to the qualifying offer.

3N16MA

Banned
Orioles and Ubaldo Jimenez are close on a 4-year, $48 million deal. Orioles would forfeit their first round pick in the 2014 draft due to the qualifying offer.

I thought he would be forced to take Lohse type deal for 3 years. 4/48 is the best he could expect after Garza's deal.

CygnusXS

I actually really like Ubaldo for the next 3 or so years, more so than Santana. Good pick-up, and it shows that not all free agents are running away from Baltimore.

Still shocked that they didn't even offer a contract to Burnett.

aFIGurANT

This seems like a major victory for Jimenez coming off of the sort of valley he had after his stellar COL days. He did well to get that many years and everything considering he's had basically one good season out of a few.

Friggz

I like the deal for both baltimore and ubaldo. Its affordable enough where it doesnt cripple the orioles and they hope he can build off his insane second half of last season and the 4 guaranteed years is a big win for ubaldo.

So, as a Jays fan, do I now hope they can sign Santana? Because that really doesn't feel like a consolation prize...though if they don't sign anyone, it's basically just as bad.

Ah well. At least this season won't have any kind of hope attached to it. Pity there aren't any prospects to at least be excited about.

CygnusXS

So, as a Jays fan, do I now hope they can sign Santana? Because that really doesn't feel like a consolation prize...though if they don't sign anyone, it's basically just as bad.

Ah well. At least this season won't have any kind of hope attached to it. Pity there aren't any prospects to at least be excited about.

On the one hand, Ervin has shown good durability, which the Jays need. On the other hand he's also been inconsistent and is 31. But their top two picks are protected and they can afford the risk, so why not?

And are you not interested in Stroman and Sanchez?

On the one hand, Ervin has shown good durability, which the Jays need. On the other hand he's also been inconsistent and is 31. But their top two picks are protected and they can afford the risk, so why not?

And are you not interested in Stroman and Sanchez?

Stroman sounds like he should be good, but I'm still pretty leery of relying on a rookie pitcher in the AL East. The last time the Jays developed a decent pitcher was...what, Halladay, over a decade ago? Their track record doesn't fill me with confidence.

RE: Sanchez, he's still a year or two away, at least, assuming he continues to develop. And again, player development really isn't the Jays' strong suit. Of course, after twenty years of being pretty much average, I'm not sure what is their strong suit, but player development ranks way down on the list.

As for Santana...the thought of a homer-prone pitcher at Skydome is just too terrifying to contemplate. He might be durable -- and after the horrow shows of the last two seasons, I'm valuing that quality a lot more -- but I have my doubts he'd even be able to provide league average pitching for one season, let alone three or four.

・It is my hope that the rumored Bailey contract comes to fruition.
・I do not believe it to be overly excessive, although there is a chance the Reds org might regret it.
・I believe this decision would help salvage what has been an otherwise uneventful off-season, subjectively speaking.

I hope that my comments today are not perceived as offensive to any other poster. If you feel bullied and personally attacked by my comments on the Bailey contract extension, please understand that it is not my intention to do so.

I initially took offense, but then retracted a prepared statement I had written in hopes we could negotiate a settlement.

cashman

Banned
・It is my hope that the rumored Bailey contract comes to fruition.
・I do not believe it to be overly excessive, although there is a chance the Reds org might regret it.
・I believe this decision would help salvage what has been an otherwise uneventful off-season, subjectively speaking.

I hope that my comments today are not perceived as offensive to any other poster. If you feel bullied and personally attacked by my comments on the Bailey contract extension, please understand that it is not my intention to do so.

reported

I retract this. I like the signing more and more compared to some of the others this year. He'll be 34 at the end of the contract as well, so not bad all around.

I'm not a fan of losing draft picks, but other than that, it's not too much of a risk.

Still, if he flops, I don't know what Angelos will ever be willing to spend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wL8Balbw7c

Can't even imagine how people would react if something on this level happened in MLB.

The pitcher was like "oh yeah, you wanna g-OH SHIT NO"

In the MLB, you'd not only be out of the league forever, you'd be in jail. I'm sure the guy with the bat in this video probably went to jail, too.

I love old-school baseball, but beanball is really dumb. What happens if you hit somebody and it ruptures their spleen or something. They die... do you go on trial for manslaughter?

Malo

Banned
Looks like another wave of bannings happened in the nba all star game thread with the troll that started it all being one of them.

Top Bottom