• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

3yr $26 million

Thanks. Phils are not fucking around with the TV money. Surprised they went so long but I did hear recently that people in the organization are worried about Tommy Joesph developing so I guess it makes sense to have an insurance policy in place.

Zep

Banned
Good news -- He can take Adderall again, legally!

Bad news -- Everything else

I blame this on the eagles winning yesterday.

jbug617

Banned
Giants close to a deal for Tim Hudson. 2yrs $23 million

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source: #SFGiants, Tim Hudson close on two-year, $23 million contract. Still language to be resolved. First reported @JohnAllenKCNBC

BFIB

A 38 year old that's making $11.5 million. Prices for pitching is just ridiculous on the FA market.

3N16MA

Banned
Cano still wants his 310M. I hope he holds out until no one wants him but the Yankees. 4/60 and 3 Jeter gift baskets.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I don't think Hudson was as bad as his ERA last season so I don't think it is that bad of a deal.

3N16MA

Banned
I don't think Hudson was as bad as his ERA last season so I don't think it is that bad of a deal.

Maybe a slight overpay but if he can stay healthy and produce a couple 2.5 WAR seasons it's not really bad at all. Also Hudson got hurt while he was on a nice streak that saw him getting better.

BFIB

Jared Michael
Schumaker
is back in the NL Central in a
Reds
uniform. Two year deal pending physical.

EDIT: Damn it, nemss.

I hated seeing Skippy in Dodger Blue. Really going to hate seeing him in Cincy Red.

I'm guessing this means Hamilton most likely starts at AAA?

RBH

Sad to see Huddy go (especially to the Giants of all teams), but at that price...........it's understandable why we couldn't keep him.

I hated seeing Skippy in Dodger Blue. Really going to hate seeing him in Cincy Red.

I'm guessing this means Hamilton most likely starts at AAA?
It sounds like Skip is going to be used as an utility player (4th OFer + backup 2Bman) so Hamilton could still be the starting CFer. I think.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It's like Sabean and Amaro are having a competition to see who can be the worse GM.

Amaro is in a whole different league. It's Amaro, Zduriencik, and Moore in the top tier. Sabean's not that bad actually. His only real issue is his fetish for veteran presents.

CygnusXS

Not that anybody here cares about the Rockies, but they just signed LaTroy Hawkins to be their closer.

Quixzlizx

Not that anybody here cares about the Rockies, but they just signed LaTroy Hawkins to be their closer.

The Mets couldn't match $2.5 million for their best clubhouse guy and their second-best reliever? Fuck this team, I hope Wilpon somehow ends up rotting in prison next to his best friend Madoff. Alderson won't sign anyone, and he's out of expiring contracts of good players to flip for top pitching prospects
(because they're out of good players).

CygnusXS

I feel like the Rockies are doomed to mediocrity for the next 10 years at least, so I don't blame their fans for not being around. I remember we used to have one though.

The Braves made a last-ditch effort to bring back Hudson, increasing their offer to two guaranteed years but wouldn't go any higher than $15 million.

CygnusXS

The Braves made a last-ditch effort to bring back Hudson, increasing their offer to two guaranteed years but wouldn't go any higher than $15 million.
The following is the full list of reasons supporting the Braves in wanting to sign Hudson for two years:

BFIB

Cano's agents called the Mets to sit down and discuss.

Why not just do what everyone else does? Send a grand to Heyman's Paypal account and have him tweet the Mets "may be interested."

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.csnbayarea.com/giants/hudsons-deal-official-giants-arent-done-spending

From what sources tell me, the Giants weren’t 100 percent certain they had the highest offer for Hudson. The A’s also went hard after him and might have come close to matching the money the Giants put on the table. But Hudson told Giants officials that his first choice was to pitch at AT&T Park and try to advance past the first round of the playoffs for the first time in his career.

lol Atlanta

Also:

jOrvSNO.png

I wonder if that means the Dodgers or Angels try and make a play.

3N16MA

Banned
Cano is desperate to get another team to the table so the Yankees can up their offer. Too bad for Cano no one wants in on his ridiculous demand and his market is very small.

Top Bottom