• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

cashman

Banned
I bet Murphy will be worth 2 WAR over the next two years. It should work out for Cleveland. I'm just glad I don't have to see him in Texas anymore.

so the David Murphy signing was broken by a blogger who had a friend tell her that her daughter heard from Murphy's daughter that he was going to the Indians. He later came to the daycare and confirmed it. careful what you say around your children!! lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
20110129_DLS14.jpg

desperate men do desperate things

oddly enough... Cano is the only name not attached to the M's lol

Alex Rodriguez cursed out MLB COO Rob Manfred before storming out of grievance hearing, telling Manfred he was, "Full of shit."

Alex Rodriguez said:
I am disgusted with this abusive process, designed to ensure that the player fails. I have sat through 10 days of testimony by felons and liars, sitting quietly through every minute, trying to respect the league and the process. This morning, after Bud Selig refused to come in and testify about his rationale for the unprecedented and totally baseless punishment he hit me with, the arbitrator selected by MLB and the Players Association refused to order Selig to come in and face me.

The absurdity and injustice just became too much. I walked out and will not participate any further in this farce.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/sto...es-walks-own-grievance-hearing-says-disgusted

Quixzlizx

Wait what?

WHATTTTTTTTTT?

LATROY HAWKINS GET THE FUCK OFF MY TEAM. SO HAPPY HE'S GONE.

Which relievers on the Mets last season that were on the team for over a month would you say were less likely to be prone to meltdowns? Parnell, and maaaaaybe Torres. If you're going to combine quality with quantity, maybe Scott Rice, although Hawkins was better per appearance.

BFIB

Looks like Stephen Piscotty is gaining a lot of traction around trade rumors with the Cards.

He could be that final piece that gets a deal done for a SS.

BFIB

Matheny extended for 3 more years.

Chris Carpenter officially retires. Sorry clouds, get ready to get yelled at.

Looks like Stephen Piscotty is gaining a lot of traction around trade rumors with the Cards.

He could be that final piece that gets a deal done for a SS.
If his bat is as legit as advertised, it makes sense. Hard to fit Craig, Adams, Taveras, and Piscotty on the major league roster even if Oscar can stick at CF.

Keeping Piscotty as a temporary 4th OFer for 2014 might not be a bad idea though that would spell the end of Sugar Shane's era.

effzee

What prompted him showing up on his show? I know what happened this morning but how in the world did this materialize?

I joke about Mike Francessa but damn he is a powerful voice.

What prompted him showing up on his show? I know what happened this morning but how in the world did this materialize?

I joke about Mike Francessa but damn he is a powerful voice.

I was just listening, as i usually do, mike was talking about something else then all the sudden he's like "Okay, we have AROD here, I didnt even know...."

effzee

I was just listening, as i usually do, mike was talking about something else then all the sudden he's like "Okay, we have AROD here, I didnt even know...."

Yeah I actually am home so I had the YES broadcast on in the background and I am not a big baseball guy so I had the volume low when he was talking about baseball....then I look up and holy shit AROD is on.

Which relievers on the Mets last season that were on the team for over a month would you say were less likely to be prone to meltdowns? Parnell, and maaaaaybe Torres. If you're going to combine quality with quantity, maybe Scott Rice, although Hawkins was better per appearance.
You are actually pining for LaTroy fricking Hawkins...

are you a battered spouse by any chance?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good for ARod.

The whole thing has been a farce. From the ridiculous suspension all the way to Selig not having the balls to show up to the arbitration case.

I hope he sues the shit out of MLB, the Yankees and basically everybody.

RBH

The Atlanta Braves unveiled plans on Wednesday for the $400 million entertainment district that would spring up beside the new $672 million stadium that’s set to open in 2017.

The district, which is still in early planning phases, would feature a street lined with retail, restaurants and bars leading up to the stadium. A ring of trees and greenspace would surround the stadium and entertainment district, and a small amphitheater would be at the center of the development.

“No one in the country has ever built a brand new sports facility and created this kind of development at the same time,” Braves executive Mike Plant told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “We believe this is the best example of a private-public partnership. And this has been a key part of this from day one.”

The $400 million would be entirely funded by the Braves and a potential development partner, which has not yet been selected. The team said it would soon send out a request to developers interested in participating in the project, though Plant said the team may also choose to develop the land on its own.

Phase one of the project would largely consist of retail, restaurants and a possible hotel, totaling between 700,000 square feet and one million square feet. That would be about the size of a metro Atlanta mall.

The second phase would include more residential options, such as apartments and condos, and potential offices. Plant said to expect the development to be stacked vertically rather than spread out across the fringes of the land.

“What’s really important to us is control,” said Plant. “If you’re going to go vertical outside our front door, it has to be a seamless sense of place.”

About 2,000 spaces would be built under the stadium, along with roughly 4,000 other spaces on the 60-acre site. A total of 30,000 parking spaces would be located within two miles, and the team envisions a pedestrian bridge across Interstate 285 linking to Cobb Galleria.

“Cobb County is a very progressive county,” said Plant. “Stay tuned for more good things on transit, traffic and parking.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/business/atlanta-braves-plan-400-million-entertainment-dist/nbyxr/

braves_plan_street_view.jpg

braves_aerial_view_to_downtown.jpg

braves_stadium_master_plan.jpg

braves_view_to_nw.jpg

I like what I'm seeing so far. If they get a significant transit plan in place (aka Marta), then I'll be on board.

Sanjuro

Commissioner of Baseball: Alex Rodriquez

AL and NL Presidents: Jose Canseco and Barry Bonds

Head of MLBPA: Carlos Beltran

All of A-Rod's cousins as enforcers wearing Wilson Leather jackets.

Top Bottom