• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

rando14

$17 mill a year and up to $100 million for McCann? No trade clause?

iDJei0Iw48Bm7.gif

Malo

Banned
It's an overpay but we needed to upgrade the catcher spot badly. Hopefully the vesting option isn't something easy to achieve.

3N16MA

Banned
Yanks outbid the Rangers and Rockies for McCann. 5/85 is not that much of an overpay for a C who can put up 3+ WAR seasons playing in Yankee Stadium (it will help him). However that vesting option is ugly and really hope that some wrong info came out and it's a team option. I was hoping for 80M max f they gave him 5 years.

Enron

Banned
Good for Mac. I'm glad he got paid. I just wish he could have stayed in ATL for the rest of his career.

I wanted the Rangers to sign him, but not for 6 years. Good luck with that Yanks.

Peralta signing with the Cards

I was actually thinking about this when it was first known that Peralta had a deal but a team wasn't known. But it was kind of in a "haha yeah right" sort of way when I looked at the other teams that were "connected" with Peralta.

I guess we got our Shortstop.

Can't wait to see Evan Gattis get to play everyday at his position. He hit 21 home runs and was essentially a bench player from May to September.

Friggz

PSA to all Yankee fans: You will love Brian May-July, but be prepared for his Septembers.

hes a career 252/.326/.401/.727 in september.

Chris stewarts career numbers in septembe: 174/.300/.283/.583

ill take it everyday of the week. Signing mccann was the biggest upgrade the yankees could have made this winter.

Doogdogg

can't wait for Boston to sucker punch the Yankees for Tanaka. The Red Sox has absolutely zero commitment for 2015 outside of Pedroia and final year of Victorino.

Doogdogg

if the yankees want him. nobody is going to outbid them.

The Red Sox don't really need him to be honest. They have to extend Lester first. They have Lackey for league minimum after next year. They have 4 prospects all battling for starts this upcoming season.

Doogdogg

If the Yanks want him bad enough they will outbid the Sox.

Of course they will, they absolutely need another starter. The Red Sox probably won't even bid at all. The fees alone will come close to the contract for Lester's extension.

When will this bidding starts anyway?

Cards make a great move yesterday then make a bad one today. Not a fan of Peralta at all.

It might be the best move possible. At least the Cards will get a Shortstop without losing a young pitcher, Adams, or their first round draft pick. Will need to see the money/year though.

Alternative is, like, signing Stephen Drew. Which I'm not sure I like any better than signing Peralta, plus they lose the first round draft pick.

Seems like trades were probably closed at this point.

aFIGurANT

Cards make a great move yesterday then make a bad one today. Not a fan of Peralta at all.

His numbers in '12 weren't good but sandwiched around that year he was a great hitter for his position (.300 hitter and 21 HRs in the year he wasn't suspended, 11 HRs last year). He's like a poor man's JJ Hardy but he plays 3B too. Not a bad deal if he can find a happy medium to maintain with the bat.

It might be the best move possible. At least the Cards will get a Shortstop without losing a young pitcher, Adams, or their first round draft pick. Will need to see the money/year though.

Alternative is, like, signing Stephen Drew. Which I'm not sure I like any better than signing Peralta, plus they lose the first round draft pick.

Seems like trades were probably closed at this point.
I agree. Tulo wasn't going to be moved unless COL was wowed by a mega package of prospects. Andrus/Profar also weren't going anywhere now that Kinsler is gone unless the Cards overpaid massively. Guys like Hardy/Aybar had asking prices like Shelby Miller. Drew isn't better than Peralta and would cost a draft pick.

As long as the money/years aren't outrageous, it probably is the best move for a SS upgrade. Using our payroll flexibility is preferable to giving up young talent, especially since they are cheap and cost controlled.

I wish the yankees gave murphy or romine a chance. Sucks that rookies aren't given the chances.

Wouldn't be surprised if romine will be the backup for him over the next three years, they trade murphy, let Sanchez develop for 3 years in the minors, after 3 years move Mccann to first, let Sanchez catch.

Top Bottom