• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Tigers are paying Joe Nathan about $20million, which is more than they would have had to pay Doug Fister. I feel like I'm missing something.

Opiate

Enjoy watching Cano not hustle to first Seattle fans.

It would be interesting to see if this perception of "hustle" correlated at all with long term productivity.

On the one hand, it stands to reason that people trying harder will last longer. On the other, it stands to reason that people going 100% all the time will be more likely to suffer injury. I can tell say with no uncertainty that Yadier Molina does not even attempt to sprint to first every time he bats, and I'm very glad he doesn't try.

CygnusXS

It would be interesting to see if this perception of "hustle" correlated at all with long term productivity.

On the one hand, it stands to reason that people trying harder will last longer. On the other, it stands to reason that people going 100% all the time will be more likely to suffer injury. I can tell say with no uncertainty that Yadier Molina does not even attempt to sprint to first every time he bats, and I'm very glad he doesn't try.

Well you highlighted the problem with that, which is that "hustle" is only a concept reserved for some players. It'd be easier to compare the hustlers versus the non-hustlers if the term were applied evenly.

Zep

Banned
The skanks will match. I don't believe for one second that they'll let him walk if the deal stays at 7yrs.

yeah puig looks like he pulls his hamstring every time he tries to beat out an infield single

its fun to watch but you gotta just take that L sometimes

ps real glad beard man is coming back!

Sanjuro

They're using Either(lol) and Kemp as their main chips to begin rebuilding their farm. No chance they go after an older Bellsbury.

We know its not a salary dump trading Kemp, so what value do they realistically think they'll get back? Even if they were to pay a portion of his remaining contract, no team is giving up a prime prospect.

I meant for the Red Sox on the idea of Kemp.

RBH

A's not done dealing

Brad-Pitt-At-the-Moneyball-Premiere-in-Oakland-California-2-600x450.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like the Twins are out on Salty. 3/$21 is a heck of a lot closer to what I would've been comfortable with than 3/$30.

cashman

Banned
He was so good last year though.

The Rangers don't have any white position players now, LOL. When Darvish or Perez are pitching, who are the racist fans going to cheer for?

He's old and his BABIP is probably unsustainable high. He'll still probably kill it platooning for the A's though.

Macattk15

I'm fine if the Mariners get Cano for 200 million. Can't count on Ackley or Franklin to ever live up to Cano's proven ability.

It's not my fucking money and baseball salaries are just becoming wacky as all fuck.

That said ... I'd rather they spend the money on Ellsbury, Choo and Corey Hart than Cano .... could probably get the three of them for under 200 million.

I'm also glad the Mariners didn't try to trade for Fowler ... as I think he'll blow ass outside of Coors (as he does currently) ... not that he cost the Astros much.

CygnusXS

Well, the Mariners have also been said to be heavily involved in the Matt Kemp talks. What if they got Kemp and Cano? And Beltran?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I wouldn't be mad with Cano... We are going to have to overpay for anyone, and dude has been a Silver Slugger for like 4 years straight.. Does anyone think he might be able to play LF later in his career like Soriano?

Sanjuro

I wouldn't be mad with Cano... We are going to have to overpay for anyone, and dude has been a Silver Slugger for like 4 years straight.. Does anyone think he might be able to play LF later in his career like Soriano?

He "probably" could. He is probably closer to playing 3B/1B than anything else later in his career if he changes positions.

Second base is relatively still a safe position though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He "probably" could. He is probably closer to playing 3B/1B than anything else later in his career if he changes positions.

Second base is relatively still a safe position though.

Well he would be 37/38 by the end of his contract...

cashman

Banned
Rangers FB is fucking awesome right now lol.

My favorite comment:

Barbara Harvey
My Ranger team and favorite players all gone. Daniels from up north traded guys born in Texas or from around the area and basically now has an all black team. Guess I Will be following several teams where my favorites went and Will probably playing great!

Top Bottom