• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

The Mets announced they have non-tendered Omar Quintanilla, Jordany Valdespin, Justin Turner, Jeremy Hefner and Scott Atchison.

All five of these players have become free agents, and the Mets have trimmed a projected $4 million from their 2014 payroll.

The 40-man roster is now at 35.

Teams must decide by midnight Monday whether to tender contracts to their arbitration-eligible players. Non-tendering a player makes him a free agent…
I bet Mets try to re-sign Q and Aitch, but sad to see Turner go.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I am not shedding tears over Fister leaving the division. Not one bit. I assume they're going to give Scherzer a huge contract now? That's going to be fun.

The Jim Johnson trade isn't nearly so lopsided. Athletics win, but Johnson has only been worth 2.7 WAR more over the last 3 years and is going to make 7-10M while Weeks makes near league minimum and is under team control for longer.

agreed. Weeks is an interesting guy. new team and some playing time might help him get on track. Johnson saved 50 but he blew like ten games too,

Wonder if Mets try to ink Salty on a 1-2 year deal, would make an awesome lefty complement to D'Arnaud. However doubt his market value drops enough.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays took out 3000 seats from the stadium with the new renovations to the Trop.

They probably should have added a 0 to the end there :/

Zep

Banned
If the Dodgers were going to shave off a good portion of that contract it could be worthwhile. If not, Ellsbury is easily the better player for the money.

They're using Either(lol) and Kemp as their main chips to begin rebuilding their farm. No chance they go after an older Bellsbury.

We know its not a salary dump trading Kemp, so what value do they realistically think they'll get back? Even if they were to pay a portion of his remaining contract, no team is giving up a prime prospect.

Strange division foes are dealing with each other

Edit:

lol, major trade.

jbug617

Banned
Beltran news

@Buster_ESPN: Carlos Beltran is said to have a three-year offer for $48 million in hand. Not sure if it's the Mariners, but Seattle is being aggressive.

Pete Abraham seems to think that the Tigers and Rangers are making room to add a big free agent.

Branduil

hmmm, I think I like this trade for Texas. Genry's getting up there in years and I've always liked Choice.

He was so good last year though.

The Rangers don't have any white position players now, LOL. When Darvish or Perez are pitching, who are the racist fans going to cheer for?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nick Piecoro ‏@nickpiecoro
I'm not sure about the particulars but apparently Heath Bell might be involved in this three-team trade with the Rays, Reds and Dbacks.

nononono.

he better be going to cincy

Bryce Perry ‏@BPerryKC 55m
I apologize to the @Royals for tweeting out the Carlos Beltran news! As an employee there, I should know better. Not my job to do that

...the tweet that he deleted said that the Royals had the jumbotron fired up at the K (he's an employee there and was at the park today), and it read "Welcome Back to KC, Carlos Beltran" to greet him as he entered the stadium this afternoon.

Top Bottom