• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Nothing is getting through LF/CF in Yankee Stadium.

2352036-9320081384-i9pJQ.gif
Combining for 8 hrs

jbug617

Banned
Is this going to be a repeat of when the Yanks signed CC, AJ and Tex all in one offseason?

McCann
Ellsbury

Tanaka, Choo, Beltran and Cano are still out there.

jbug617

Banned
Rosenthal says there were 4 teams on in Ellsbury. Heyman said earlier the 4 teams he heard was the Red Sox, Yankees, Giants and Mariners.

Ronsenthal also said there is more teams in on Choo and the Red Sox might get in on him.

Hey Sandy, you can get in on this too y'know...

There is clearly a rush going on around baseball to close out some negotiations before next week’s Winter Meetings.

“This also usually indicates that GMs see the writing on the wall,” a former league executive told me late this afternoon. “They probably have a sense that certain players are more likely to sign with certain teams than others, so they’re scrambling to lock down trades and signings before it’s too late.”

It’s looking like the trade market is about to dry up, another league source explained, which would suggest we may soon see a crop of overpaid, big-ticket free agent signings during the next few days. Then, teams will regroup at the Winter Meetings and figure out how to play out the rest of the winter.

The way I understand it, in a perfect world, Sandy Alderson would like to either sign a free-agent outfielder and trade for a middle infielder, or sign the infielder and trade for an outfielder. He reportedly still has the money and trade chips available to do this, so I hope this is still the goal. I don’t know if either of these moves are possible any more, but it certainly seems like his options may be dwindling by the looks of today’s news cycle…

You can expect the Yankees to do this after every season they don't make the playoffs. The last time they didn't make the playoffs, they nabbed Sabathia, Teixeira, and Burnett.

Malo

Banned
You can expect the Yankees to do this after every season they don't make the playoffs. The last time they didn't make the playoffs, they nabbed Sabathia, Teixeira, and Burnett.
Or when they have a shit ton of money come off the books like 09 and this offseason.

3N16MA

Banned
Gardner is a beast in LF, he and Ellsbury will catch anything from CF-LF. Gardy just has to make sure he does not touch Ellsbury or he might miss the rest of the season.

Top Bottom