• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

lucius

If Cano was 25-27 years old I could see that not being a total waste for Yankees to come closer to M's deal(for Mariners it kind of makes since), but with MLB being strict with PEDS it's gonna be much harder for the all 35+ superstars to produce in later years.

Yankees are in much better place now try fill in other holes, Cano is superstar for sure so big loss for yanks, he was not that clutch a hitter though.

Fox318

Yankees need to sign this 2nd baseman

XoATuM6.jpg

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say it would be more like a brisk walk
I couldn't care less about players "hustling" to first base. Gardenhire got JJ Hardy traded because he wasn't "fast" enough. Cano is an elite player.

Yeah, 10 years was not worth. Yankees stated they weren't going to go anywhere near A-Rod's contract. I mean look how well that Pujol's contract is working out so far...
The difference is that Pujols was/is a first baseman. Cano can probably shift to 1B or corner outfield at some point before he ends up DHing and play average or above average in the field. I'd be way more comfortable giving an up the middle guy a big money deal than a 1B.

Malo

Banned
The moment you gave J.Ellsbury 153M it became disrespectful, and Stephen A Smith said that a trusted source told him the Yankees were only going 7/170.
He would have gotten $4 million more in AAV than Ellsbury and that's not insignificant. And I trust Mark Feinsand and Joel Sherman a heck of a lot more when it comes to baseball than I do the joke that is Stephen A Smith.

So this is the reason for your attempted coup of Yankees council.
I can not comment on rumors and speculation.

BFIB

All these moves.

The GM Meetings are going to be the GM's playing charades in the hotel lobby at this point.

jakncoke

Banned
Im pretty sure Pirates are going to completely punt this offseason and fuck our chances of success this year. Isnt the point of the offseason to fix flaws of the season before and try and get to the next level or does Neil Huntington still think we're building?

ReMaKe

He would have gotten $4 million more in AAV than Ellsbury and that's not insignificant. And I trust Mark Feinsand and Joel Sherman a heck of a lot more when it comes to baseball than I do the joke that is Stephen A Smith.

My point is, you're willing to over pay for Ellsbury but not for Cano?
You're willing to over pay for someone you don't need and not for someone you do?

Malo

Banned
My point is, you're willing to over pay for Ellsbury but not for Cano?
You're willing to over pay for someone you don't need and not for someone you do?
7/175 is already an overpay. The only two players to to make more than $25 mill last year were Cliff Lee and Arod.

Top Bottom