• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That AL West race sure is going to be exciting in 7 years with the corpses of Fielder, Pujols, and Cano out there.

With the Astros being Kings of the Mountain. >_>

Astros also signed Scott Feldman to a 3yr/30mil deal. Now he's the highest paid Astro lol.

Daren Rovell, ESPN sports business expert, said on Cowherds show that Cano will earn an extra 25 million. no state tax in Washington and will play 69% of games in no state tax states. Compared to same contract with the Yanks.

bozeman

Wonder if Howard Lincoln longs for the days of writing columns in Nintendo Power when having to negotiate with Jay Z.

Could Nintendo use some of this money to moneyhat some Wii U exclusives please???

The fences were brought in last year and the numbers went up quite a bit IIRC. On phone right now so can't look it up for sure.

One year isn't enough data to make a good picture of the changes the new fences had on park effects.

Wonder if Howard Lincoln longs for the days of writing columns in Nintendo Power when having to negotiate with Jay Z.

Could Nintendo use some of this money to moneyhat some Wii U exclusives please???

https://www.facebook.com/GamemasterHoward is not the same guy as Howard Lincoln.

ReMaKe

7/175 is already an overpay. The only two players to to make more than $25 mill last year were Cliff Lee and Arod.

And that's where we'll just have to disagree. I don't see that as overpaying.

OT: Who is the Yankees best player now that Cano is gone?

I never thought the Yankees would get worst offensively. Of course, they're not finished.

I wonder what Mike Trout would get if he was a FA.

JCizzle

I actually hope someone else picks up Nap. I'd be perfectly fine platooning Carp and a RH bat like WMB (please be ready Cecchini!). Nap is a great guy, but K's too much for my taste and his health will always be a concern.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jack Z is going to spend a billion dollars, the Mariners will win 118 games and give Jack a ten year extension.

Branduil

The Mariners are going after Bartolo Colon too.

Nintendo presents

Bartolo Colon Baseball '14

iWRp32GcLorcA.jpg

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-new-national-tv-contracts-and-2014-payrolls/

Teams aren’t obligated, of course, to use all or even part of that additional $25 million on player salaries. That money can also be helpful to expanding a team’s national and international scouting operation, or its data analysis department, or marketing, or all three. But some teams appear to have made payroll commitments for 2014 — and beyond — knowing an additional $25 million was coming their way.

I guess that covers Cano's salary?

Macattk15

But seriously Mariners. Don't trade Taijuan Walker for David Price.

Just sign one of the FA pitchers.

All of you guys need to understand the Mariners NEEDED to pay that much to try and change the fucking terrible culture/stigma surrounding the Mariners.

aFIGurANT

10/240 and a no trade clause? lol wow
Maybe this is disrespectful towards Seattle, but how is a no trade clause a selling point to Cano? They should have only went for the deal if they knew they could trade him down the road when the bills are piling up.

Macattk15

Maybe this is disrespectful towards Seattle, but how is a no trade clause a selling point to Cano? They should have only went for the deal if they knew they could trade him down the road when the bills are piling up.

All big contracts pretty much get full no trade clauses.

If the Mariners still suck in 3-4 years ... I'm sure Cano would be happy to go somewhere else and still be paid whatever.

Ichiro had a full no trade clause .. but then he waived it for a few select teams and ended up with the Yankees.

But seriously Mariners. Don't trade Taijuan Walker for David Price.

Just sign one of the FA pitchers.

All of you guys need to understand the Mariners NEEDED to pay that much to try and change the fucking terrible culture/stigma surrounding the Mariners.

Yeah, most big name players have no interest in coming to Seattle, regardless of having to play for the Mariners.

Top Bottom