• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

aFIGurANT

It's fitting that Halladay and C. Carpenter are retiring in the same year though, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they talked about the decision at some point this offseason.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sources confirm Mets will either trade Ike Davis or Lucas Duda during the Winter Meetings...

... so of course nothing will happen.
I'd rather keep Duda, actually. Better plate discipline, can play the outfield in an emergency, and Ike would bring in a better haul.

Malo

Banned
Sad to see Doc retire, but he had a great career.

Gardner for Sandoval.

wonder if the yankees can package something up without including sanchez. im guess not. but id love Samardzija.
Any trade for Samardzija would have to include Sanchez, but I don't think we can get him. Cubs are said to be looking for high end pitching in return, which we have none of.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan‏@JeffPassan
Sources: Phillies actively shopping OF Domonic Brown. Looking for controllable starting pitching in return. Idea is to sell high on him.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Bruce Levine‏@MLBBruceLevine
Atlanta and Yankees join the group of teams interested in Jeff Samardzija.

why are the Braves after him?
The Braves could use more depth in the middle of the rotation. It would be nice to not have to rely on Wood and Beachy to fill two rotation spots all year, and it would give the team breathing room when someone inevitably gets injured.

Friggz

Ruben fighting for his life.

Please don't be stupid.

why? id trade him now in a heart beat. if the phillies plan to trade hm at his highest, they dont think he is going to be anybetter. quintana is 24, pitches in a tough ballpark, and is coming off 5+BWAR season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Gwgtw8P.png

His eyes were busted this whole time? Who would've guessed!

A real shame about Halladay. At least he had enough pride to hang it up now when he knew he didn't have anything left instead of tarnishing his career for a few more years.

Zep

Banned
You kinda saw this coming, but you figured he'd give it one more shot. It sucked seeing him struggle the last couple years, so I'll just remember him by all the filthy fucking sinkers he threw. Never seen anything like it from a Phillies pitcher.

If I can find some of PVR recordings, I made a
shitty
highlight tape of him making people look foolish. Just don't know where I saved it.

Too bad it all ended so quickly for Halladay. I hope he makes the HoF, even if the place will probably be an even bigger joke in five years than it is now. Though that ballot's going to be, what, Doc, Mariano and Pettite? Pretty impressive.

Anyway, I got to see a Doc vs. Felix matchup at Skydome a few years ago. That was pretty amazing.

Malvingt2

Too bad it all ended so quickly for Halladay. I hope he makes the HoF, even if the place will probably be an even bigger joke in five years than it is now. Though that ballot's going to be, what, Doc, Mariano and Pettite? Pretty impressive.

Anyway, I got to see a Doc vs. Felix matchup at Skydome a few years ago. That was pretty amazing.

He is not getting in anyway.

There were a good amount of games in the last two seasons where the Braves completely clowned Halladay. It was great as a Braves fan, but it was rough seeing the totally confused and helpless face on Halladay each time.

It's great that we got Napoli back. $32 million for two years is not cheap (he's getting more than he would have under the contract that was voided before this season, after all), but we needed him... I was starting to get worried, with how little the Sox have done so far this offseason... didn't get any of the big free agents. And on that note, AJ Pierzynski (sp?) to replace Saltalamacchia? Well, it did say a lot that Salty wasn't used in the World Series at all, so replacing him's not too bad... but Salty DID have a higher WAR than Pierzynski, so yeah, I don't know if this was a good move or not. Cheaper move, but is it better? We'll see.

Napoli took less to stay in Boston.
Wow, even though the Sox are paying like $6 million above the previous offer? It's great that he wants to stay, then.

Yeah that time when he was traded to the Yankees was so traitorous.
The Red Sox' biggest star, resurrecting his career and going to the Yankees not too long after he left the Sox? That was really hard to take. It did get better once we learned HOW he resurrected his career (steroids/PEDs), though... it's only too bad that he got off in court. He is obviously guilty.

Anyway, no, getting traded (for a player who does not have a no-trade clause) wouldn't be quite as bad -- there it's the teams' fault, not the players'. That's different from a player who chooses to sign with them.

Malvingt2

Jayson Stark‏@jaysonst
Marlins now telling teams they WILL trade Logan Morrison shortly. One team that appears very interested is the Rays, to replace James Loney

I like Logan. hmm

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There goes Matt Kemp. Oh and I'm sure Ned is going to put some prospects in there to sweeten the deal. It better not be Corey Seager.

As if the Dodgers could get Price without giving up at least Seager.

Their farm system is a joke. They would have to trade all their top guys to even get into the discussion. Which is totally plausible since its Ned.

Sad to see Doc retire, but he had a great career.

Gardner for Sandoval.

Any trade for Samardzija would have to include Sanchez, but I don't think we can get him. Cubs are said to be looking for high end pitching in return, which we have none of.

I was thinking that, but Sandoval's base running/health is net a negative

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman‏@JonHeymanCBS
#mariners, #rangers, #dodgers are at this point the 3 most serious suitors for david price. Have the interest and players.

Mariners are still in it.

thefro

It'd have to be a three-way deal with Sanchez + whatever going to another team for pitching prospects that go to the Cubs in exchange for Samardzija. The Cubs think they're set at catcher with Welington Castillo (who had an excellent year last year).

Seriously???
"By mid-day Friday, Seattle had heard that some team bid nine years and $225 million for Robinson Cano, so the Mariners upped their bid to $240 million and 10 years before apparently realizing the initial bid had come from themselves, too...."

Oh my fucking god.

3N16MA

Banned
Mariners should go hard after Sale if he's available.

Whoever wants him will have to give up everything. 6/57 from age 25-30. Won't find a better deal for a top tier pitcher.

Seriously???

Oh my fucking god.

The writer is just having some fun with the situation. Mariners bid somewhere around 200M, 225M, and then 240M to finally land Cano . They had to outbid the Yankees and then outbid themselves twice.

I'm starting to wonder if kershaw maybe wants to go to texas where he lives

dodgers need hitting more than pitching.. i wouldn't give up their best potential bat for price

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 3m

Rangers, Blue Jays agreed on deal sending Sergio Santos to Texas but another player failed physical, sources tell @Ken_Rosenthal and me.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 2m

At that point, deal fell apart. This happened about 2 weeks ago. Sources say this was a 3-way deal.

I wonder who failed

Top Bottom