• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Friggz

Shocking news.

Still very unfortunate considering he openly admitted he wanted to play in the mlb. Yankees are crying right now.

he can still go to the yankees. Rakuten knows the Yankees opposed changes to the system. Rakuten has all leverage and could force Tanaka to sign with a specific team. Yankees could throw a ton of money at him.

BFIB

Is Ron Washington still the Rangers manager?

Yep!

Ron_Washington_Coke_N_Smile.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
he can still go to the yankees. Rakuten knows the Yankees opposed changes to the system. Rakuten has all leverage and could force Tanaka to sign with a specific team. Yankees could throw a ton of money at him.

Posting system is 20 mil max... regardless what he or the Yankees opposed

Tanaka is just worth more than that to him here... much more

Blackace

Thanks for the Morrison thing by the way, I was getting terrified.

Wasn't really a fan of that move... but we kept Walker so far got a star and really like the Hart move...

If we can move Franklin or Dustin for a disgruntled player somewhere that would be lovely

eznark

Banned
Yeah Seattle is having a good winter. I dont mind the move either. For Seattle Lomo will be a role player, in Milwaukee he would have been given a shot to start at first.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I was serious about Seattle having the worst offseason in baseball. They just gave a guy one of the richest deals in baseball so they could finish 20 games out of first place instead of 25.

Jack Z was a man desperate to keep his job offseason but without any seemingly real plan other than to overpay the best player out there.

Also looks like the Balfour deal is dead due to something on his physical. Might explain why his deal was as cheap as it was given how much crappier relievers were getting paid.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
lol so I just picked up MLB 13 for dirt cheap, and I haven't played a baseball game since MVP '05. What have I done...?

Ya done good, kid.

(I'm waiting for 14 for dat PS4)

I wish Choo would just sign with whomever already, it's getting annoying at this point. :p

Fox318

I was serious about Seattle having the worst offseason in baseball. They just gave a guy one of the richest deals in baseball so they could finish 20 games out of first place instead of 25.

Jack Z was a man desperate to keep his job offseason but without any seemingly real plan other than to overpay the best player out there.

Also looks like the Balfour deal is dead due to something on his physical. Might explain why his deal was as cheap as it was given how much crappier relievers were getting paid.

Makes Nintendo's year look better in comparison.

At least Iwata didn't sign Cano to make a game.

Blackace

Couldn't disagree more... they have money to spend still... even enough for another stupid contract... but are at least tightening the purse now that they landed Cano.

Landing Cano was more than just finishing a few games better than last year. It was a signal to other big named FA

Seattle has to be one of the richest teams that can't give away money. We haven't signed a big name FA since Beltre.

We also added a bit more pop in the lineup too

I am fairly happy with the off season so far...

Bingo...

Macattk15

My dream is that we at least make it to the playoffs so we can choke like the Rays do. Every time.

BFIB

Whoa, welcome back eznark, ban hammer lifted at the right time.

Giants reached out to Mark Mulder, who apparently has an asking price that's too high for them.

Even retired, oft injured pitchers are having high demands on the free agent market.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yeah but you aren't taken seriously.

Good to see you too.

Try to not get yourself banned for being yourself.

Can't imagine it'll be more than a few weeks though.

My dream is that we at least make it to the playoffs so we can choke like the Rays do. Every time.

It's nice to want things.

At least you guys don't have to stay in the basement now a days because you play in the same division as the Astros.

jakncoke

Banned
Man I am disapoint there is no rookie league or a or high a for rtts

edit; fucking swear umps are based off jerry meals in this fucking game

Friggz

Posting system is 20 mil max... regardless what he or the Yankees opposed

Tanaka is just worth more than that to him here... much more

doesnt matter that its been changed, the posting fees maxes out at 20million, but a side deal can be worked out between the clubs. bud would be sure to throw a hissy fit but its certainly a loophole.

Top Bottom