• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Zep

Banned
Paxton is right there. Peterson (1B) isn't that far off. That's about it though.

Still, Hernandez, Walker, Paxton, Cano, Zunino, Seager, Miller, and Peterson is a pretty solid core.

They've gotta get it right sometime! Still, very disappointing to see very little growth these last two years from Ackley, Smoak and Montero.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
They've gotta get it right sometime! Still, very disappointing to see very little growth these last two years from Ackley, Smoak and Montero.
If Ackley's power could come back, he'd be a decent player although he probably shouldn't be playing center. Smoak and Montero will probably never be anything more than bench bats at this point. Montero could be an OK DH if his bat clicks. Definitely very disappointing.

cashman

Banned
I consider all in what the Dodgers attempted to do recently. I can't comprehend Seattle ever doing something of that nature, regardless of what Jack Z says.

We are talking about on paper going into the season. The division has been fairly stable if you just look at where the teams place at the end of the season, but it's tough to just go forward with that mindset. I don't think Oakland is a division winner, neither is Houston or Seattle. Angels should be ideally the best. Rangers following.

Problem is Oakland just continues to surprise and others to disappoint.

It was foolish to think that the Angels were going to be any good last year when the 3-5 spots of their rotation was a disaster.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Was anyone listening to Fatcessa today? he swore up and down the patriots were going to lose, I'm just so excited to listen to him tomorrow.

Can someone explain to me what the plan is with Wilmer Flores? Is he a bench bat or going back to the minors in 2014? Or 1B? Or is Murphy on the trade block?

I'm skeptical.
Sounds like he might go back to the minors. Duda will be the starting 1B and doesnt seem like Murphy will be moved. Scouts do not like him at second at all. He projects as a 3B but Wright has that position on hold so 1B is his future with the Mets.

Skaggs is a great talent. Hopefully Towers and his scouts had enough judgement to trade him danaged goods for Trumbo. They must have faith in Archie Bradley

Zep

Banned
We've gotta relax on the fake outrage about relievers. There's as much chance as Perez being the best reliever signing this winter as there is with him being terrible again.

Sanjuro

That's why I can't generate fake hatred for guys like Brian Wilson and Papelbon. They know exactly what they are. King of the Broken Toys.

jakncoke

Banned
Polanco is raking it in the winter leagues. Wonder how Pirates are going to handle him this year, assuming he continues to rake it in AAA. How long they hold off on bringing him up

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Polanco is raking it in the winter leagues. Wonder how Pirates are going to handle him this year, assuming he continues to rake it in AAA. How long they hold off on bringing him up

What do they do when they already have the MVP in CF? Sounds like they got a cutch-22 on their hands.

original.jpg

DAT L.A. CULTURE

He must have lost a bet to Uribe. That's the only explanation. Between the hair, the color of the house, the tile and the humvee in that pic, he looks like a South American drug lord.

Opiate

Chris Perez? CHRIS PEREZ!?

WHY NED WHY!?

My first impulse is this: the Dodgers threw everything at the wall and saw what stuck last year, and it seemed to work.

Their biggest strength is money, so it makes sense to buy up a wealth of cheap bullpen arms and see which of them does well. I'm a big believer that relief pitchers are almost endlessly fungible, so just take on 10 smallish salaries and hope 3-4 do decently.

aFIGurANT

STL needs to get Tanaka and Kershaw when he's a FA - then when teams want pitching Mo corners the market like a badass and demands all the Stantons for Joe Kelly. That's my new year's hope anyway.

Top Bottom