• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

BFIB

Is The Show '13 worth about thirty bucks at blockbuster's death-throe sale or is a better bet to wait for the next iteration/Out of the Park '14? I know OOTP and The Show are a lot different but I'm just looking for my baseball fix and am pretty much sick of subjecting myself to MLB2k12 two years later.

Or basically I guess I'm wondering if the simulation baseball stuff is good on its own or if it's better to own an actual "playing-baseball" video game.

The gameplay in The Show is great. I'd highly recommend it.

jakncoke

Banned
11 people in fact voted voted no on Babe Ruth

In the BBWAA election, voters were instructed to cast votes for 10 candidates, the same number of desired selections; in the Veterans' election, voters were also instructed to vote for 10, although the desire for only 5 initial selections led to revisions in the way the votes were counted.[2] Any candidate receiving votes on at least 75% of the ballots in either election would be honored with induction to the Hall upon its opening in the sport's supposed centennial year of 1939.

Wonder how much this came into play + being the 1st year of voting

jakncoke

Banned
Is The Show '13 worth about thirty bucks at blockbuster's death-throe sale or is a better bet to wait for the next iteration/Out of the Park '14? I know OOTP and The Show are a lot different but I'm just looking for my baseball fix and am pretty much sick of subjecting myself to MLB2k12 two years later.

Or basically I guess I'm wondering if the simulation baseball stuff is good on its own or if it's better to own an actual "playing-baseball" video game.

Got it for 27 a couple weeks ago. Loving it, hating the Royals though loser ass franchise. Fuckers switched me to MR and wont switch me back to SP. Assholes, just because my fastball is 96-99 and my control is less than average on my slider, 12-6 curve and knuckle doesnt mean I cant be a start. Dammity Duane Cunningham and Pantherlotus. Tell your people to trade me !

aFIGurANT

Got it for 27 a couple weeks ago. Loving it, hating the Royals though loser ass franchise. Fuckers switched me to MR and wont switch me back to SP. Assholes, just because my fastball is 96-99 and my control is less than average on my slider, 12-6 curve and knuckle doesnt mean I cant be a start. Dammity Duane Cunningham and Pantherlotus. Tell your people to trade me !

That's some funny shit. I want a way to play where I'm not stuck with a crippled franchise if I'm going career mode. Baseball =/= basketball where you can carry your team like nothing.

I'm probably going to go get the game today since I have the week off from work and everything. I'll check for your guys' PSN profiles in the community thread.

BFIB

That's some funny shit. I want a way to play where I'm not stuck with a crippled franchise if I'm going career mode. Baseball =/= basketball where you can carry your team like nothing.

I'm probably going to go get the game today since I have the week off from work and everything. I'll check for your guys' PSN profiles in the community thread.

If you take the time, I'd highly recommend adding in the stadium sounds, actual player walkup music, HR music, etc. Also check out OSFM's roster vault, as it will include the full minors as well.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/sounds-show/618867-os-2013-sounds-show-packs.html
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...full-minors-2013-edition-v-2-opening-day.html

i think only Tom Seaver did.oh no he was the highest with 95%

Seaver had something like 98.9% (fake edit: 98.8%), followed closely by Nolan Ryan and Cal Ripken (with 98.8 and 98.5, respectively). No one's ever had a unanimous vote because Hall of Fame voters are sanctimonious idiots, plain and simple. There are voters who don't even watch baseball any more, let alone cover it.

Yeah. I read that Glavine might not make it this year? Man I did make a bet that he will with Greg Maddux.. My co worker Picked Maddux and Frank Thomas.

There's a good chance it'll only be Maddux. Even if there are at least 15 guys on the ballot who deserve to be in. But again, HoF voters are idiots.

Malvingt2

Seaver had something like 98.9% (fake edit: 98.8%), followed closely by Nolan Ryan and Cal Ripken (with 98.8 and 98.5, respectively). No one's ever had a unanimous vote because Hall of Fame voters are sanctimonious idiots, plain and simple. There are voters who don't even watch baseball any more, let alone cover it.

There's a good chance it'll only be Maddux. Even if there are at least 15 guys on the ballot who deserve to be in. But again, HoF voters are idiots.

I see. He is predicting that Glavine is going to get just 67%.

Branduil

LOL all these Rangers fans on Facebook who are mad because Choo is wearing Cruz's number.

I will warn you - not sure how you ended up with the number 17... but that number means a LOT to us here in Texas, as Rangers fans.... Hope you can fill those shoes, sir.

Should've spent the money on some good pitchers

Wearing #17 is not a good impression. Sorry.

JD this is a BIG CONTRACT for an average player. Numbers talk. in 9 Years Batting Average: .288 - Homerun average: 11 -Stolen base ave:11 -RBI Average: 47

God please get rid of daniel s

So tired of watching the Rangers not fight to keep the great players that have proved to take the team to the top... Very disappointed to see Cruz's old number given away without them knowing if he would stay with the team or not. Shows what the rangers think of their players... Disposable and replaceable. Not feeling the Ranger spirit anymore. Time for me to retire the shirts and find a new team to cheer on or give up on baseball all together!

Orientals are taking over

No Neli no rangers lm quit as arangers fan.

They have gone as nuts as Jerry Jones. Respectfully former rangers fam

Not even baseball is American anymore.

Someone needs to tell John Daniels he's changing the face of the rangers! Fans won't show up if they don't know any of the players!! I won't pay those prices to watch Beltre, Andrus and SOTO!!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sadly enough this is the second time for him. Got arrested for going 97 on a 50 MPH limit when he was in AA.

Doubt MLB steps in at all unless he had some roids in the car.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Sadly enough this is the second time for him. Got arrested for going 97 on a 50 MPH limit when he was in AA.

Doubt MLB steps in at all unless he had some roids in the car.

Getting a criminal record while in the US on a visa isn't a problem? I'm actually asking because I'm not sure how that works. I would think that would prevent him from getting another visa wouldn't it? Do athletes get exceptions or am I way off base?

El_Chino

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe apparently thinks the Yankees are going to end up with Ubaldo Jimenez and Tanaka.

I personally hope they don't sign Jimenez. I don't see him doing well in the AL East. I much rather they sign Garza instead of Jimenez. Garza has a lot of experience in the AL East when he was with the Rays.

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe apparently thinks the Yankees are going to end up with Ubaldo Jimenez and Tanaka.

I personally hope they don't sign Jimenez. I don't see him doing well in the AL East. I much rather they sign Garza instead of Jimenez. Garza has a lot of experience in the AL East when he was with the Rays.

The thing is that when Ubaldo is good, he's shits all over Garza.

Friggz

The thing is that when Ubaldo is good, he's shits all over Garza.

yeah, but you cant ignore that inconsistency. Hes had 1 good half a season in the last 3 years. I didnt read into what changes (if any) he made at the all star break last season, but i would be hesistant to give him a 5 or 6 year deal. or whatever hes looking for.

JCizzle

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...yankees-boss-randy-levine-192337890--mlb.html

This is Levine from July 2012:

"How r u feeing since u left Robby [Cano] under 200, he needs some steroids fast!"

And again from August 2012:

"Hey, what’s up with Robby. This guy must not be using the liquid. U didn’t tell me what did Chris and Steve say your ETA is. Don’t rush it unless u r right. We need you. Nova looks like he may need a breather. What do u see".

Hahahahaha what the fuck......

Top Bottom