• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Malvingt2

Mark%2BLemke.JPG

138-271Fr.jpg

People are using terms like "first ballot hall-of-famer" unironically? Seriously?

And regardless of who does or doesn't get in tomorrow, don't forget that the Hall of Fame is a complete and utter joke, at least as far as the inductees go. On the upside, at least Morris won't get in, so we won't have to ever read about that particular travesty ever again.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Glavine isn't a first ballot hof, but I do think he is one. Don't really care about the wins but he was damn good for 10-11 yrs. I think it is fair to debate his hof creds but i think fWAR undervalues him. Over a long career like his ERA is a good indicator of a player's value. Anyway i dont think he is a slam dunk like all the mainstream press says, but i think is a hofer......also game 6.

Friggz

People are using terms like "first ballot hall-of-famer" unironically? Seriously?

And regardless of who does or doesn't get in tomorrow, don't forget that the Hall of Fame is a complete and utter joke, at least as far as the inductees go. On the upside, at least Morris won't get in, so we won't have to ever read about that particular travesty ever again.

sadly you are right, the hall of fame is a joke becuase the writers are a bunch of dumbasses. im still annoyed that david cone fell off after one year when players like jim rice get in.

sadly you are right, the hall of fame is a joke becuase the writers are a bunch of dumbasses. im still annoyed that david cone fell off after one year when players like jim rice get in.

David Cone, Lou Whitaker, Kenny Lofton, Kevin Brown...All of them totally Hall-worthy, all of them one and done.

And the whole first ballot thing is stupid. A player either deserves to be in, or they don't.

David Cone, Lou Whitaker, Kenny Lofton, Kevin Brown...All of them totally Hall-worthy, all of them one and done.

And the whole first ballot thing is stupid. A player either deserves to be in, or they don't.

You do know there's tiers within the HOF, right? You even have HOFers questioning whether other HOFers deserve to be in it.

people tend to think getting in on the first ballot should be reserved for all time greats. the maddux, and frank thomas of the world. glavine is a very good player with the counting stats to get in.

if he's not an all-time great than he shouldn't get in at all.

The Hall of Fame is garbage anyway. It's become an old sportswriter circle jerk.

Malvingt2

damn lol

GREG MADDUX AND TOM GLAVINE: I credit Ken Gurnick of MLB.com for owning his “no” vote on Maddux rather than slinking behind the cover of anonymity. I do not credit his logic behind it – that he is voting for nobody in the steroid era. In fact, I think it is bat-guano loopy. But this is America, and he gets to be bat-guano loony and still keep his vote. If you think otherwise, move to North Korea and train dogs to eat disgraced Kim family relatives. You have the right mindset for that job.

You do know there's tiers within the HOF, right? You even have HOFers questioning whether other HOFers deserve to be in it.

Yep. All those plaques that differentiate between 1st and 2nd and 3rd tier Hall of Famers. And they make note of vote totals too, which makes getting in on the first ballot with a high percentage extra important, because otherwise how would we know who sucked up to the right members of the BBWAA?

aFIGurANT

Damn but this feature on MLBN about how gray our generation of candidates are is good stuff.

Barry bonds compared to shoeless Joe Jackson: dat ether.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Maddux, Glavine and... Frank Thomas...

Biggio and Bagwell didn't make it.

Biggio with 74.8%!!!!@!@12ejfho

Fucking shit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Those clowns who only put 1 name on the ballot this year should all have their voting rights taken away.

Biggio not getting in this year is ridiculous.

Glad to see Frank Thomas get in, honestly kind of surprised.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Biggio should have made it in. Bunch of f-ing bs.

Malvingt2

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Armando Benitez and Jacque Jones do not get votes if the ballots are made public. Simple as that. Transparency. Honesty. Let's do it, BBWAA.

Top Bottom