• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

santeesioux

So what is everyone thinking of MLB 14: The Show on the Ps4? Lot's of info yet? I haven't played one in a few years, but it looks like i'll be getting a Ps4 around the time it comes out, so i may as well pick it up for dem graphics.

Finally the long nightmare of the 2013 NFL season is over.

When I pitched in my city league and high school, I mimicked Pedro's delivery just to be able to do the fun leg spin. Watching Mark Prior pitch when he wasn't crippled all the time was a treat too, even though I'm sure he destroyed the Brewers every time he faced them.

Best delivery was Maddux's, bar none. I went to a game where he dueled Sheets and came through with the W. I was a sulky teenage prick afterwards but I had a hell of a time watching him.

El_Chino

So you're saying the Royals are a bad team? Cause to me they're one of the better teams in the AL.
No. Not a bad team at all, but comparatively speaking they won't be much better than the Chiefs were this season. They need a bit more hitting and at least one more decent pitcher.

Loco4Coco

No. Not a bad team at all, but comparatively speaking they won't be much better than the Chiefs were this season. They need a bit more hitting and at least one more decent pitcher.

They need Escobar and Moustakas to bounce back, they definitely need someone to replace Santana.

Moose was lousy prior to the ASB in 2013 but was pretty good afterwards. In AA, AAA and MLB, he's developed a reputation for being slow to warm up, which is why when the season ended, the Royals shipped him straight to Venezuela to play winter ball all winter.

And generally speaking, the Royals' problem in 2013 was a horrendous offensive slump for about a month around May. Alex Gordon was the only guy producing, and they lost a ton of 1-0 games. I think having added Omar Infante and Nori Aoki into the mix will keep that from happening again. The pitching trio of Shields/Santana/Guthrie was on point all year, and although the four and five slots got shuffled around, the only person who was really a bad starter all year was Wade Davis. Unfortunately, Santana is almost certainly gone from that equation now (although he's still not signed, so you never know), but I trust Danny Duffy and/or Yordano Ventura to be our bottom of the order guys along with Jason Vargas. We just need one truly good #2 to replace Santana (and my choice would be... Santana, but we'll see).

The bullpen was dominant last year, and none of that has changed. We'll still have Holland, one of the best closers in the game. Our excellent catcher, Sal Perez didn't play the first month last year (injured at the very end of ST), he'll start from the beginning this time. The Royals defense was fantastic last year too, and the only holes it had were 2B and RF... now filled by Omar and Nori.

So there's plenty of reason to be optimistic about the Royals this year... the only piece that they really need to add is a Santana replacement. They get that, and the Royals are going to be the Pirates of 2014. Which, you know... falling out in the first round of the playoffs might piss off KC when the Chiefs do it, but if the Royals do it, we'll be partying in the streets!

BFIB

CES has officially started. Hopefully we get some MLB 14 The Show news this week. A trailer showing the PS4 version would be sweet.

CES has officially started. Hopefully we get some MLB 14 The Show news this week. A trailer showing the PS4 version would be sweet.
Poster from Operation Sports always goes to CES. Guy is awesome. He takes other posters questions and tries to answer as much as possible. Also good with videos and screenshots. Expect some news tomorrow!

BFIB

Poster from Operation Sports always goes to CES. Guy is awesome. He takes other posters questions and tries to answer as much as possible. Also good with videos and screenshots. Expect some news tomorrow!

FreezeTime? Yep, and I believe Russell from SCEA will be there too, so hopefully FreezeTime can get some photos of the PS4 version.

Zep

Banned
If you guys believe the PS4 version is coming in March...I've got some baaad news for you.

I'm also skeptical over whether we'll see any footage at of the PS4 version this week.

If you guys believe the PS4 version is coming in March...I've got some baaad news for you.

I'm also skeptical over whether we'll see any footage at of the PS4 version this week.

You really dont think they will rush it out even if it is broken? They have shipped the game with broken MP before and this is one of Sony's huge exclusives, outside of infamous they dont really have much else these first few months.

BFIB

I'd be surprised if we actually saw a concrete release date on the PS4 version. When the PS3 launched, the PS2 version released in March, and the PS3 version released in late May/early June (and was pretty basic).

My guess is it'll be the same this year. Hopefully SCEA will announce an upgrade plan like some launch title saw for the PS4. Buy the PS3 version, then pay $9.99 when the PS4 version launches to upgrade.

Zep

Banned
You really dont think they will rush it out even if it is broken? They have shipped the game with broken MP before and this is one of Sony's huge exclusives, outside of infamous they dont really have much else these first few months.

Expect a late April - mid May release for the PS4 version. This game is not going to come out half-baked (features and modes wise) like NBA 2K14.

Hopefully SCEA will announce an upgrade plan like some launch title saw for the PS4. Buy the PS3 version, then pay $9.99 when the PS4 version launches to upgrade.

That would be great, except Sony knows they have us by the balls. Best case scenario IMO is being able to trade-in the PS3 version for $30 two months later.

eznark

Banned
Melvin is thrilled with the current roster, thinks the only holes are at first base and is working hard on getting a deal done for Ike Davis.

World Series here we come.

R.I.P. Jerry Coleman.
BdRGtWBCEAAD2hB.jpg:large

man does MVP ever come back? that game was so good

That would be awesome. There used to be a baseball game on PC like 20 years ago that I used to play, I cant remember the name but it was all text based and you would set a line up and the computer would sim the game for you. I want something like that on the consoles. It could be a fun little arcade game.

Microsoft Game Studios needs to come back. Loved it when Microsoft was thirsty for those gamer dollars.
Only way to baseball now is on a PS4? Lord kmow I ain't playing Winnie The Pooh again.

BFIB

I'm sure someone will step forward on the MLB license for Microsoft. Lots of revenue to be made there.

Malvingt2

Interesting he took Morris over Maddux. I dont see how any sane person could argue that Morris is more deserving.

Man to his reason

Morris

Morris has flaws -- a 3.90 ERA, for example. But he gets my vote for more than a decade of ace performance that included three 20-win seasons, Cy Young Award votes in seven seasons and Most Valuable Players votes in five. As for those who played during the period of PED use, I won't vote for any of them.

wow

also

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Not voting for Greg Maddux is bad. Voting for Jack Morris and not voting for Greg Maddux is a Hall of Fame ballot felony.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
I get Ken Gurnick's rationale on all or nothing for steroid-era players, but Jack Morris did plenty of his best work during the steroid era.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man to his reason

wow

also

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Not voting for Greg Maddux is bad. Voting for Jack Morris and not voting for Greg Maddux is a Hall of Fame ballot felony.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
I get Ken Gurnick's rationale on all or nothing for steroid-era players, but Jack Morris did plenty of his best work during the steroid era.

HAHA OH WOW

Someone should take away his voting privileges.

Wow I have never heard anyone say that all players during the steroid era should be blacklisted. I get that you cant always tell with players who used and who didnt but Maddux looks like he couldnt punch his way out of a wet paper bag. I dont think anyone seriously thinks he used PEDS.

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
So it’s “Burn Ken Gurnick at the Stake” day. Don’t agree with him voting only for Morris. But he earned vote and is entitled to his opinion.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
@Ken_Rosenthal We are all entitled to our opinions. But the strength of our voting bloc is rooted in logic, and this fundamentally lacks it.

Casey Stern ‏@CaseyStern
The idea of not voting for anyone who played in the steroid era, whether you think they did them or not, is complete stupidity IMO.

The internet is furious about this.

Top Bottom