• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

If I was in Biggio's position I would be heartbroken because of missing the HoF by just 2 votes. I rather miss by 10% than .2% as my own personal opinion.

Enron

Banned
Why is everyone so salty about Glavine getting in before Mussina? Mussina deserves to be in the Hall and he will get there, but should you really be upset that Tom Glavine gets in on the first ballot?

El_Chino

Who knows what bats we would attract.. and means I wouldn't feel bad about moving an arm not named Walker
Who would you move other than Walker that you think would bring a decent bat in return?

Now that I think about it...Mariners and Royals should do a trade that would bring Butler to Seattle. That would be a good fit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Who would you move other than Walker that you think would bring a decent bat in return?

Now that I think about it...Mariners and Royals should do a trade that would bring Butler to Seattle. That would be a good fit.

Pike or Paxton, along with Dustin who knows..

Friggz

Why is everyone so salty about Glavine getting in before Mussina? Mussina deserves to be in the Hall and he will get there, but should you really be upset that Tom Glavine gets in on the first ballot?

because mussina was better? and their voting % dont show that.

Malvingt2

Greg+Maddux+Aguilas.jpg

BdfWHM7CUAE-h4S.jpg

Venezuela winter League.

I like how all the columnists ripping LeBatard are like "You should have done this differently! Write in a column or talk about it on radio! This accomplished nothing besides you getting more attention!"

Except he's been doing the former for the last decade

Oxx

I bought a Maddux jersey while I was on holiday in the US back in 1998. It's probably too big for me now. I might wear it and play Spot the British Baseball Fan.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I'm thinking of going down to Seattle to watch the Braves in August, so if I do congrats on those two wins, M's fans.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Malvingt2

Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
BBWAA statement: "The BBWAA regards Hall of Fame voting as the ultimate privilege, and any abuse of that privilege is unacceptable"

damn what a joke lol

I just like how the baseball purist guys are having a ball ripping him as an attention whore..... While they are all retweeting each others columns because they agree with each other

And the notion that he could have gone about it differently cause he has mega platforms is a joke. I have been reading and hearing him talk about it forever, as well as others. And I can't remember anything cause it gets talked about and then disappears into the dust until the next year

Fox318

Good.

There is nothing wrong with the system of 1 vote for each writer, there is simply an issue right now as to what the qualification are to vote somebody in.

If LeBatard really wanted to change the system he has a nationally syndicated tv show, a radio show, and a huge syndicated article. Hows about he uses that to advocate for changes in the system. So far the only person prior to the vote who was talking about this on national networks was Olbermann.

Good.

There is nothing wrong with the system of 1 vote for each writer, there is simply an issue right now as to what the qualification are to vote somebody in.

If LeBatard really wanted to change the system he has a nationally syndicated tv show, a radio show, and a huge syndicated article. Hows about he uses that to advocate for changes in the system. So far the only person prior to the vote who was talking about this on national networks was Olbermann.
He has been talking about and writing about it for a decade now.

Besides even if he talks about it---you think anyone would give a shit about what he said? it might hit the news cycle for a day and then be forgotten forever

JABEE

It's really fucked up that the BBWAA can ban someone from covering MLB games for a year for making a mockery of their vote. Who do they think they are?

Enron

Banned
because mussina was better? and their voting % dont show that.

Was he really that much better? The numbers are pretty comparable. Glavine certainly was recognized more than Mussina during his career, though. 10 ASG selections and 2 Cy Youngs. The list of multiple Cy Young winners is pretty rare company. Did you really think that a pitcher who wasn't recognized nearly as much during his career would get in ahead of the other guy?

Top Bottom