• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

eznark

Banned
Some group? You mean the group responsible for the International conservation of species? What the fuck do they know?!

lol

3N16MA

Banned
What is the benefit to releasing Vernon Wells? Do they save any money?

He is still a breathing body to put in that lineup if needed.

He provides little to no value and they need to free a spot on the 40 man roster. Wells could be replaced by just about anyone.

Malvingt2

BdolR9SIEAA9two.jpg

somebody... make them stop lol

jakncoke

Banned
We as the fans need to out these dumb fucks and harass and protest till change is made. These mental gymnastics make even the biggest fanboys on gaming side seem fucking rationale

When I look at Pedro or Maddux the first thing I think of is massive roid/hgh bodies.

It sounds like he is punishing these guys for not standing up and being activists, not that he is saying they actually used themselves. I agree that it would have been nice if some prominent players spoke out about steroids but to blacklist them from the HoF is silly.

cashman

Banned
Not that I approve of Cougar hunting ( I approve of the other kind though), but it's legal in a lot of states and the IUCN is hardly "some group".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If by standing up you mean the media shitstorm they'd cause by calling out their teammates/opponents as a bunch of cheaters and getting labeled as snitches and poor teammates because that's exactly what would have happened. You can't win either way.

If by standing up you mean the media shitstorm they'd cause by calling out their teammates/opponents as a bunch of cheaters and getting labeled as snitchers and poor teammates because that's exactly what would have happened. You can't win either way.

I guess that does make sense. It does seem like the players association fought tooth and nail to keep steroids in the game, so maybe Guys who were big shots in the union could have done things behind the scenes to get the union to back off. Maybe they did but you would think that would have come out after the fact.

When I look at Pedro or Maddux the first thing I think of is massive roid/hgh bodies.

I don't think there's really a connection between taking PEDs and having a huge body. There have been plenty of players suspended for using who were normal-sized.

Sure, but if you're already paying him.

They're only paying him $2 million. If a win is worth around $5 million, and not having Vernon Wells on the team means they'll be able to give his spot to a player that doesn't suck, it seems like it's worth it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think there's really a connection between taking PEDs and having a huge body. There have been plenty of players suspended for using who were normal-sized.

Nah back then they hadn't really worked out the proper cycles and HGH wasn't as advanced. If you were juicing you'd show the symptoms.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So Derek Holland is out until midseason because of a knee injury he claims happened while he was at his house.

I wonder if he was washing his truck.

Never had it, but it's as far from an endangered species as an animal can get according to the body who determines those things so...hunt away.

Moose hunt has been indefinitely suspended it feels like. Every winter we plan on doing it and every spring someone gets their wife pregnant.

what for? they stay as far away from humans as any predator can stay and yet men go out to slaughter (because calling it hunting is a joke) get on their nice warm trucks with their nice warm parkas and go back to their nice warm homes after putting a large big hole on an unsuspecting cat from a really long distance. where's the hunt in that? it's bullshit is what it is.

Sure, but if you're already paying him.

No idea what their 40-man roster is going to look like opening day.

a minor leaguer can do Wells' job. he is a waste of space.

BdolR9SIEAA9two.jpg

somebody... make them stop lol

these guys cater to the backward ass thinking baby boomers, I hope in five to ten more years when idiots like Lupica and Heyman retire (if they do) that the younger guys aren't as sanctimonious but even in this thread we've had a few "do gooders" so i'm not too confident.

Not that I approve of Cougar hunting ( I approve of the other kind though), but it's legal in a lot of states and the IUCN is hardly "some group".

just because it's legal doesn't make it right. we should be encouraging other ways to keep wildlife at healthy other than letting some people with money shoot them every winter. at that point you don;t really care about the animal, more like you care about keeping the right to shoot them. back to baseball.

I feel like killing an animal is pointless unless it fills a need. And hunting for sport is the biggest joke of em all. Talk to me when you gotta hunt to clothe and feed your family with limited resources.

Enron

Banned
I don't know what Holland was doing but I'm sure it was something dumb.

And it might end up costing the Rangers a division crown. I have zero faith in any of the potential replacements (especially matt harrison) except Colbyashi. Spend some more of that TV money and get Tanaka and just skip FA next year.

What about Francisco Cervelli or Bartolo Colon? Saying those guys didn't use because of their bodies is as bad as condemning guys like Bagwell or Piazza because they had that "steroid look".

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That sounds like the kind of things that will get your paychecks voided. Surely his contract doesn't allows him to play hockey?

Thats why he said he was in his house. And it definitely would be in the contract that he is prohibited from playing any other sport during the offseason.

What std causes you to be positive for a roid test?

So I couldnt find anything about him specifically, but when he failed his test the local radio in Philly said that he had slept with a girl with an STD and that was why he failed his test. I found this when searching for info about how that could be possible:

"Did you know that if you have intercourse with a woman who is taking medications containing Clostebol it could end up in your bloodstream? The drug Trofodermin contains Clostebol and is used to treat multiple vaginal conditions. Clinchem.org describes a University study where women take the drug, have intercourse with their partner (who is confirmed to have a clean drug history), who then has his urine tested over a two day period. In each case, traces of the drug were found in the urine of the subjects."

eznark

Banned
give me a reason why a Mountain Lion should be hunted.

Food and fun!

No idea how he hunted but if he went out into the mountains and actually hunted good for him. If he just went to a camp and pot shotted one... Meh.

Our moose trip is going to be five of us dropped in Alaska wilderness for a week, good luck. Going to be rad... If it ever happens.

Top Bottom