• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's really fucked up that the BBWAA can ban someone from covering MLB games for a year for making a mockery of their vote. Who do they think they are?

Oh man poor Le Batard won't be able to cover Marlins games in person for a year. What a punishment.

I bet Loria is thrilled though. He will have to buy his own ticket for $2.50 if he wants to get in now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He has been talking about and writing about it for a decade now.

Besides even if he talks about it---you think anyone would give a shit about what he said? it might hit the news cycle for a day and then be forgotten forever

He actually should have kept his name secret and just said he would sell it every year until some change happened

JABEE

Oh man poor Le Batard won't be able to cover Marlins games in person for a year. What a punishment.

I bet Loria is thrilled though. He will have to buy his own ticket for $2.50 if he wants to get in now.
Le Batard is just a columnist, but it's still kind of messed up. A beat writer would have difficulty doing his or her job if they didn't have access to the team.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Apparently Tony La Russa is on the short list to be hired as the new team president of the Mariners. This would be a dubious decision.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Apparently Tony La Russa is on the short list to be hired as the new team president of the Mariners. This would be a dubious decision.
the president role seems more about actual business management etc than baseball. I guess Larussa can manage people but the other stuff that comes along with a job like that...not so sure. But I guess if the mariners think he is qualified, then whatever.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Was about to post this...

Why would it be dubious?

Friggz

Was he really that much better? The numbers are pretty comparable. Glavine certainly was recognized more than Mussina during his career, though. 10 ASG selections and 2 Cy Youngs. The list of multiple Cy Young winners is pretty rare company. Did you really think that a pitcher who wasn't recognized nearly as much during his career would get in ahead of the other guy?

they should each have one cy young, and yeah he was a better. considering the divisions they played in, and the fact the moose was on the orioles 10 years. id say he was a good bit better.

Adam LaRoche. HoFer.

Nm9FcMe.jpg

major league asshole.

Malvingt2

they should each have one cy young, and yeah he was a better. considering the divisions they played in, and the fact the moose was on the orioles 10 years. id say he was a good bit better.

You know, I get your points but we can't change the fact of where they pitched. In the end Glavine is first Ballot and Mussina is not. Glavine was a better pitcher even tho the AL argument for Mussina is valid.

BFIB

I've been researching a way to be able to use MLB.TV so I can watch my Cards game this year since we cut the cable cord.

I think the easiest way is to use unblock-us. Has anyone used their service? Any recommendations on it?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I feel like I should unsub from this thread because the Reds are going to do absolutely jack shit in the offseason.

eznark

Banned
Kevin McAlpin ‏@KevinMcAlpin
BBWAA statement: "The BBWAA regards Hall of Fame voting as the ultimate privilege, and any abuse of that privilege is unacceptable"

So I assume everyone who voted for Jim Rice was also banned for abuse?

LOL, what's disgusting about hunting a mountain lion??

Sanjuro

So I assume everyone who voted for Jim Rice was also banned for abuse?

I'm still surprised Jim lingered around for that long. Writers were then looking for an alternative to the future steroid crop, boom. If your on the ballot for around fourteen years, you probably aren't a HoFer. Unfortunately, this logic isn't going to apply to the greats they are being cunts to at the moment.

That all being said, I like the guy from the exposure I've had of him. I only saw him play at the very tail-end of his career. In comparison to say Bonds, he is a very likable person beyond the media perspective stigma he has attached to him. Fact really is, he was a couple great seasons from actually being a real HoF lock.

Malvingt2

David Carroll ‏@DAVIDCARROLL3

Larry Rocca hasn't covered MLB in 9 yrs, works at a MD high school, didn't vote for Maddux, Glavine or Thomas. He voted for Nomo. #Braves

Nomo smiles!

jakncoke

Banned
David Carroll ‏@DAVIDCARROLL3

Larry Rocca hasn't covered MLB in 9 yrs, works at a MD high school, didn't vote for Maddux, Glavine or Thomas. He voted for Nomo. #Braves

Nomo smiles!

How does one justify this? But as long as you dont sell your vote you're a ok

Mike and Mike today said that one of the presidents of the BBWAA has been letting the fans do the voting for him for years and no one has ever complained and said he should lose his vote.

BFIB

Vernon Wells has been DFA'd by the Yankees.

He is being paid $21 mil and was released. That salary is also being paid from the Yankees, Angels, and the Blue Jays.

Goddamn what a horrible contract.

Malo

Banned
Vernon Wells has been DFA'd by the Yankees.

He is being paid $21 mil and was released. That salary is also being paid from the Yankees, Angels, and the Blue Jays.

Goddamn what a horrible contract.
About time. Now to get rid of Ichiro.

eznark

Banned
What does mountain lion taste like and is your moose hunt still green lit.

Never had it, but it's as far from an endangered species as an animal can get according to the body who determines those things so...hunt away.

Moose hunt has been indefinitely suspended it feels like. Every winter we plan on doing it and every spring someone gets their wife pregnant.

Sanjuro

What is the benefit to releasing Vernon Wells? Do they save any money?

He is still a breathing body to put in that lineup if needed.

jakncoke

Banned
Never had it, but it's as far from an endangered species as an animal can get according to the body who determines those things so...hunt away.

Moose hunt has been indefinitely suspended it feels like. Every winter we plan on doing it and every spring someone gets their wife pregnant.

million little eznarks running. lord help us all

I have no idea what you are talking about. There are less then 30000 mountain lions in the US, and the eastern mountain lion is already 100% extinct due to humans.

Top Bottom