• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you going to have kersh pitch on 2 days rest then have him pitch tomorrow instead of game 5

Tomorrow isn't a closeout scenario. Game 5 POSSIBLY is. The only reason you'd pitch Kershaw on short rest on the backend is because,if you lose, season is over. Go out on your ace's arm.

You can pitch Kenta in Game 1 of the series if you get that far.

Tomorrow isn't a closeout scenario. Game 5 POSSIBLY is. The only reason you'd pitch Kershaw on short rest on the backend is because,if you lose, season is over. Go out on your ace's arm.

You can pitch Kenta in Game 1 of the series if you get that far.
I hate to sound negative but it's going back to Chicago. Still have to face Lester and he pitched great.

Mrbob

Counter point Dodgers peaked early in this series. Cubs win tomorrow and break the Dodgers spirit by winning game five against Kershaw and close them out in six.

I will hold to this dream scenario.

I hate to sound negative but it's going back to Chicago. Still have to face Lester and he pitched great.

Of course it is likely going back to Chicago. It all hinges on tomorrow. If we win, I see Kersh in Game 5. If we lose, maybe you see Maeda.

But you want Hill and Kershaw in Games 6 and 7 on the road. For sure.

Raziel

With the Dodger win tonight, shouldn't Kershaw pitch no matter what in game 5?

If the Dodgers are up 3-1, gotta try to close it out with your ace at home.

If it's tied 2-2, it's a major swing game. Then Kershaw can pitch in relief in game 6 or 7.

Meier

Have to eat some crow because I will freely admit I was underwhelmed by the Roberts signing when it happened. One thing though that regardless of the outcome of the coming games, I love listening to him talk about the games. He just comes across as so in tune with the performance and is always able to recount plays in detail. Just a real joy to listen to and a class act. Very good post game press conference tonight.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155411565033508&id=45084588507

You just get the feeling something magical is going to happen in the LAD-CHC series ...... like Addison Russell scratching-out an improbable hit from an infield single

devilhawk

I suppose I am rooting for the Cubs, but I will be very let down if something memorable doesn't happen in this series. For one team or another.

kcxiv

Kenta isn't pitching another game this series.

Urias - Game 4
MVP - Game 5
Hill - Game 6*
MVP (short rest) Game 7*
If they win, you do NOT pitch Kershaw in game 5. You pitch Kenta. If you lose then Kershaw and HIll for 6-7 if you have too. If You win game 5 with Kenta, then even fucking better, you Have Kershaw for games 1-4 and 7 of the WS.

THere is no way in hell Roberts pitches Kershaw in game 5 with a 3-1 lead.

bebop242

If they win, you do NOT pitch Kershaw in game 5. You pitch Kenta. If you lose then Kershaw and HIll for 6-7 if you have too. If You win game 5 with Kenta, then even fucking better, you Have Kershaw for games 1-4 and 7 of the WS.

As a cubs fan, if this is true, then I'm relieved. Means we only see him once, without the possibly of him coming into a possible game 7 in any form.

Mrbob

I think Kershaw goes in game five no matter what. As bad as the Cubs have looked they can still be back in the series with a win tomorrow. Then you have Kershaw pitch in a pivotal game five with the option to somehow use him again in game seven. If the dodgers win Kershaw can pitch the close out game at home. Why not try to end the series in five at home instead of taking a chance back on the road.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

You don't set a rotation for a series you haven't qualified for or games that you don't need to play.

Jake gave us a chance. We didn't do shit with it. One of the pitches to Grandal looked pretty close to a strike, so could have much better than the 4 he gave up. Also the homerun that Grandal hit was off a tough pitch, hard to blame Jake.

Somehow just knew Jake wasn't going to come up big, and deliver what Kershaw did in the previous game. He's not that pitcher.

Jake pitched fine. It's hard to pitch when you need to be perfect because the team can't score at all. I was pretty down last night, but this morning I've got a better feeling about our chances. Rizzo had better at bats, though he took some hitters pitches. Russel has to give us something eventually. He's too good to keep this up. Heyward had a god awful at bat but he's not the type of guy I want coming off the bench. I think I'd start Heyward tonight. We'll get Contrares bat in the line-up which should help.

Not the place I'd like to be in after 3 games, but not insurmountable. Need to get to Urias early.

Hobbun

i didnt have a chance to watch much of last nights game, but whats Cubsgaf mood like right now?

Nervous, but not doom and gloom.

I feel the Cubs can still win this series, but they need to fucking wake up their bats. I agree with LawyerCop in that it’s key that the Cubs score early.

Brinbe

Got tix to the game this afternoon. Let me just say how incredibly fucking stupid it is to have the roof closed on a perfectly gorgeous day like today. Fucking ridiculous

Upton Jr. and Barney in. Saunders and Goins out.

I kind of wanted them to move Zeke up one more spot but he also makes sense where he is.

wbsmcs

Is Saunders hurt? He's been hitting really well and has a .927OPS vs LHP.

But Martin we'll stick in the 5 spot still...

Stubhub cheaper

Saunders hit lefties well in the first half, they pretty much didn't let him hit against lefties once they got Upton

Yeah, just looked at Stubhub. Damn. I am a subway ride away but I can't help but think it will be at least the bottom of the 2nd by the time I get in with all the security. Plus I have to sneak out of work early. Damn afternoon games.

I want to see Navarro play for his offence (Martin not so much for obvious reasons), but Martin for his defence. Too bad we can't combine the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom