• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsayer

Really hoping Urias has his nerves in check

Urias has looked really good the past few months, especially after his rough start. I hope we can get 4-5 innings out of him and let our bullpen do the rest.

Of course, this is all contingent on scoring runs. So we shall see!

Hobbun

Of course, this is all contingent on scoring runs. So we shall see!

With the exception of the game Kershaw pitched, your team really hasn’t had that issue. Even your series with the Nationals you scored at least a few runs a game.

I’m hoping though that changes tonight.

Doomsayer

With the exception of the game Kershaw pitched, your team really hasn’t had that issue. Even your series with the Nationals you scored at least a few runs a game.

I’m hoping though that changes tonight.

Before this last game we had only won games that were within 1 score and only in which games Kershaw had pitched. We are hitting the ball well right now, but even in Kershaw's last game it was 1-0. I hope we can carryover our success from yesterday.

Friggz

just out of curiosity. i was having a discussion with a buddy, who was the better hitter...frank thomas or david ortiz? i went with big hurt..my buddy (who admittedly lives in mass) said ortiz was much better. am i going crazy here? should i find new friends?

BFIB

just out of curiosity. i was having a discussion with a buddy, who was the better hitter...frank thomas or david ortiz? i went with big hurt..my buddy (who admittedly lives in mass) said ortiz was much better. am i going crazy here? should i find new friends?
Sounds like a gut that likes ketchup. Time to find a new friend, friend.

Hobbun

Before this last game we had only won games that were within 1 score and only in which games Kershaw had pitched. We are hitting the ball well right now, but even in Kershaw's last game it was 1-0. I hope we can carryover our success from yesterday.

Well, I’d wish you luck, but, you know…

However, any run ‘issues’ you’ve been having really pale to the Cubs who can’t buy a run. I honestly would feel a lot more confident if I was in your shoes, and I’m talking besides even having a 2-1 lead.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have a feeling this is going back to Cleveland. Throwing a rookie pitcher out there isn't very ideal.

Brinbe

Let's do this, Jays-GAF

rP6gpoF.jpg

lol Bautista running his Mouth again.

on Ryan Merritt: "With our experience in our lineup I'm pretty sure he's going to be shaking in his boots more than we are."

lol Bautista running his Mouth again.

on Ryan Merritt: "With our experience in our lineup I'm pretty sure he's going to be shaking in his boots more than we are."

If Bautista never spoke again it'd be too soon.

Shouldn't chirp period never mind with your negative batting average...

Let's go blue jays!!

pestul

Yikes fall behind early again. That's been the Jays downfall. That said, Estrada does not look good tonight. Lots of curves/change ups floating high.

Jayhawk

The entire quote by Bautista is reasonable, but then of course everybody just focuses on the 'shaking in his boots' part.

EDIT: Here's the entire quote...

"We'll try to look at videos, look at some scouting reports, see how his ball moves," Bautista told reporters. "Not having seen him is something that could go either way. With our experience and our lineup I'm pretty sure he's going to be shaking in his boots more than we are. I like where we're at."

Jayhawk

Context does absolutely nothing to change that quote.

Because using a colloquialism to describe a rookie likely being nervous about his first playoff game is terrible when a reporter is asking if they are worried about facing him. Bautista even said it could go either way.

People complain when athletes are boring to the media with robotic answers. Bautista is being candid and isn't being over the top, and people complain. Can't win.

BigAT

Because using a colloquialism to describe a rookie likely being nervous about his first playoff game is terrible when a reporter is asking if they are worried about facing him.

Listen, I don't even think it's that bad and it probably wouldn't even get attention if it came from someone other than Bautista, but the intention and meaning behind the quote are the exact same with or without the entire response.

wbsmcs

Jays aren't reading Merritt too well and I doubt Terry is going to let him go out there for 3rd time through the order. Bats/Donaldson/EE hopefully get to him in the 4th, or else it looks like bullpen and Millgoat will close out the series.

Jayhawk

Listen, I don't even think it's that bad and it probably wouldn't even get attention if it came from someone other than Bautista, but the intention and meaning behind the quote are the exact same with or without the entire response.

Except the rest of the quote has Bautista explicitly stating it could go either way with Merritt's unpredictability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom