• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

That lineup seemed built to lose this game.

Granderson, Utley, and Grandall don't deserve to be anywhere close to starters in the lineup.

jman2050

I kinda want to see this happen cause Yankees-Cubs (and Astros-Cubs, to be fair) would be a fun series and because it'd finally add another face to the "Blew a 3-0 lead" crowd.

thefro

I kinda want to see this happen cause Yankees-Cubs (and Astros-Cubs, to be fair) would be a fun series and because it'd finally add another face to the "Blew a 3-0 lead" crowd.

I feel a big momentum swing coming in Game 5 (either Kershaw choking or the Cubs lighting up the Dodgers' bullpen) and then the Dodgers feeling big-time pressure in Game 6.

Raziel

Dodgers-Yankees would be a much more fun series. Best hitters, best pitchers (bullpen) by far.

Cubs-Astros would be terrible.

shwimpy

I don't get why Roberts doesn't have the killer instinct

It's like he was okay with losing this game
He wanted the the "vets" to have their post-season moment... except it cost us a valuable game. Bottom half of the lineup was complete dogshit.

With Quintana going tomorrow, I doubt Roberts tries anything cute and he'll put out our optimal lineup. Kersh has this.

Caja 117

why can’t they exactly?
Because not only that will put on presure on Dodgers, but you also have Lester set for game 6, and if Dodgers loose game 6 they are not winning game 7. Knowing how Roberts was on the winning side of the 2004 ALCS he understand better than anyone how momentun can swing to the other side easily.

Mrbob

Good win for the Cubs, but their bullpen is pure ass. They are toast if they're SP can't go like 7.
Yeah it's still a long climb for the team. My only hope really is that baseball playoffs can be weird combined with the Cubs seemingly being tough to take out in elimination games.

Mortemis

Banned
Salt is real in this guy. Too bad his team is always 4th place in the division

Hey, my team has only made the playoffs once this century and I'm down to see the dodgers collapse.

Nothing against the team, and I'm cheering for them 100% against whoever comes outta the AL but seeing a 3-0 collapse is rare!

Gotta be more fun to have a team spend 200 million dollars more than any other team the past five years and have nothing to show for it.
At least we got people willing to spend money to contend. What's your teams excuse?

I hope either the Dodgers or Yanks win it all just for you.

Because not only that will put on presure on Dodgers, but you also have Lester set for game 6, and if Dodgers loose game 6 they are not winning game 7. Knowing how Roberts was on the winning side of the 2004 ALCS he understand better than anyone how momentun can swing to the other side easily.

This is dumb, momentum in baseball doesn't really exist and the cubs chances of winning this series are still miniscule. it's just nice not to get swept

RedAssedApe

Banned
Baseball will never work this way. A team could have a 500 million dollar payroll and they'd still be unlikely to win the world series when the postseason starts

?I meant the warriors that were proclaimed one of the greatest teams of all time and choked away a lead in the finals.

?I meant the warriors that were proclaimed one of the greatest teams of all time and choked away a lead in the finals.

The Dodgers aren't "one of the greatest teams of all time" though, the chances of that ended in the last couple months of the season. They're just a great team

Top Bottom