• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2017 OT:It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Roberts needs to be shredded for that lineup. We're trying to win and get as much rest as possible here and he goes with the worst lineup combo possible...?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
66b.gif
D:

J2 Cool

If only Cubs walked (instead of hbp), they might out some innings like this together

Shoot, Heyward. Wished we had another Wade Davis

jman2050

Not a dumb question!

But yeah, sometimes you can hit the ball and a sort of shock goes though the bat into your hands.

"Sometimes"? That's a severe understatement.

I always wonder how these ballplayers can even stand it. Especially the ones that don't even wear gloves.

Paches

Really dumb question, but since I'm new to baseball...what's a stinger? Like hurt his hands hitting the ball?

People above answered it, but also it is why you see some hitters with that plastic/foamy material on their thumb against the bat. Reduces the stinging in your hands from the bat vibrations.

J2 Cool

God. Still so upset about Heyward being in there. Cubs have such a bad offensive mindset right now. Can’t give away outs w how bad Bryant and Rizzo have been

big ander

God. Still so upset about Heyward being in there. Cubs have such a bad offensive mindset right now. Can’t give away outs w how bad Bryant and Rizzo have been
Idk. You could say you shouldn't adjust strategy to be based on the assumption bryzzo can't hit, because if those guys aren't hitting you have much bigger problems.
Davis needs to meltdown so we can see Lackey.
It won't be Lackey. (Please god don't be Lackey.)

zulux21

If turner hits a home run (assuming no double play here), can we forgo the cubs bottom of the 9th and just let him have the walk off?

edit: maybe i jynxed that >.>

Top Bottom