• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

ReMaKe

Patriots game ended in a shitty call, Red sox one too. What is going on!. Second straight game we make a throwing erroe to lose the game. Why did Salty make the throw? He clearly had no chance.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
I argue its Craig's fault, he should've been on the OUTSIDE of the bag, why was he on the inside when running from second?

He slid into third, there's no reason he should have been far outside of the path. He was resuming from the inside of the third base line and Middlebrooks lifted his legs.

calder

Crazy shit, but good call IMO. And not just because fuck the Red Sox, although that's a valid reason.

I think middlebrooks lifted his legs instinctively as much as anything and he didn't obstruct him that much because I think the runner was going to struggle getting running again, but still.

Drek

Not lift his legs up to cause the dude to fall on top of him.

The dude fell on top of him anyway, the bottom part of his legs never touched Craig. How is it interference when Craig 1: knocked him over sliding into 3rd to break up the throw to beign with and 2: then touched Middlebrooks before Middlebrooks touched him?

Bullshit call on the heels of a a bullshit game with an umpire with a massively slanted strike zone giving Cards pitchers 2-3" low and outside all game but not giving the same to the Red Sox. Way to represent yourself with that "human element" MLB. You're going to look like a joke all off-season with yet another big baseball series being slanted due to the old ass men you employ to officiate not being able to see shit.

zychi

Banned
He slid into third, there's no reason he should have been far outside of the path. He was resuming from the inside of the third base line and Middlebrooks lifted his legs.

It was a brilliant flop by Craig, he never touched home either. Craig wasn't forced to take third, he wasn't forced to home either, shouldn't have been an obstruction call. Middlebrooks was already on the ground.

Cardinals win

Antonio-Banderas-computer-you-got-me-yospos-reaction-13677939419.gif

cashman

Banned
I wonder, if he doesn't lift his legs would that still be obstruction? He'd still be considered making a play on the ball I think.

Haha so much salt. Seems plenty of people don't have a clue what the obstruction rule is, if the runner even has to alter his path due to a player not in the act of fielding it's obstruction, intent doesn't matter.

Top Bottom