• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Runus

back to back shutouts from Garcia and Medlen coming. BELIEVE

Braves have been a come back team all year. They are just trying to give the Dodgers some hope and then we will slam them back down to the ground and cruise to the world series.

I really wish I could believe that. It's not over until it's over though.

eznark

Banned
Yo why are my Redbirds not winning. Someone make this stop.

The baseball God's are tired of the tyranny of the "right way" and are interested in having some fun. Braves and Cardinals are being punished for their puritanical oppression.

V3wiPW6.png

Yesterday was fun!!! We had crappy tickets, but I didn't complain much after the first two innings.

One game wildcards are here to stay.
TBS’ Exclusive Coverage of the 2013 MLB Wild Card Averages 4.7 Million Total Viewers
Categories: Network TV Press Releases

Written By Sara Bibel

TBS’ Exclusive Coverage of the 2013 MLB Wild Card Averages 4.7 Million Total ViewersWild Card Games Up 2% Among Total Viewers

TBS’ exclusive coverage of the 2013 MLB Wild Card presented by Budweiser – Cincinnati at Pittsburgh on Tuesday, Oct. 1, and Tampa Bay at Cleveland on Wednesday, Oct. 2 – averaged 4.7 million total viewers, an increase of 2% compared with an average of 4.6 million total viewers for the corresponding games in 2012. Based on Nielsen Fast Nationals, this year’s 3.0 U.S. HH rating is even with last year.

The MLB Wild Card telecasts propelled TBS to rank first among all cable networks in primetime both nights. Each of the game telecasts peaked with a 3.5 U.S. HH rating, with the Reds/Pirates reaching the mark from 9:30-9:45 p.m. ET and the Rays/Indians from 10-10:15 p.m.

Both telecasts also generated impressive local ratings in each of the team markets:

Pittsburgh delivered a 33.7 DMA HH rating, the highest-rated MLB game ever on record in the market;
Cleveland generated a 25.2 HH rating, the highest rating for an MLB game in the market since Game 7 of the 2007 ALCS against Boston;
Cincinnati ranked second overall among the 56 metered markets for the Reds/Pirates telecast with a 16.6 HH rating;
Tampa Bay posted a 15.5 HH rating, the highest rating locally since Game 3 of the 2011 MLB Division Series against Texas.
TBS’ extensive coverage of the 2013 MLB Postseason continues with the start of the MLB Division Series today, Thursday, Oct. 3, with a doubleheader featuring the St. Louis Cardinals hosting the Pittsburgh Pirates (Game 1) at 5 p.m. and the Los Angeles Dodgers visiting the Atlanta Braves (Game 1) at 8:30 p.m. TBS’ coverage will begin at 4 p.m. with the MLB Postseason Pre-Game on TBS presented by Jeep. Following the night’s doubleheader, the studio team will wrap up the action on The Postseason Show on TBS presented by Johnnie Walker.

Alright, it's elimination time. Hoping our success against Morton continues and Wacha can handle the pressure. May the BABIP gods smile upon us and not the Bucs.

BFIB

Had a weekend full of work travel, but I am back, and Cards are facing elimination. I almost wish I was still traveling so I wouldn't see the possible loss from the playoffs today.

Hopefully Cards continue their success against Morton. Shame Mujica disappeared and screwed the bullpen all up, because that game was looking good for us after Beltran's late heroics.

harSon

Banned
Hurdle needs to be quick with yanking Morton this game. Morton's pretty solid, but he has dud games from time to time, and struggles against lefties. If he shows signs of implosion... please pull him Hurdle :(

Hopefully Cards continue their success against Morton. Shame Mujica disappeared and screwed the bullpen all up, because that game was looking good for us after Beltran's late heroics.
We're certainly a better team with an effective Mujica but it didn't really factor into yesterday's loss. Siegrist/Alvarez was the right matchup and the ball wasn't hit hard but it went to the perfect spot. If anything, blame the fact we didn't use a defensive shift.

EDIT: nvm, you probably mean using Rosenthal or a good Mujica instead of C-Mart would have been a better choice. I agree. Totally forgot how that inning started.

Gannd

Banned
The A's have won their division two years in a row and still get no respect from the analysts on MLB Network. They won more games than the Tigers on a whole lot less money. SMFH at the media.

xbhaskarx

How many called strike threes on non-strikes does that make...

Followed by a swinging strike three on a pitch out of the strike zone, because hey it could easily be called a strike...

Sanjuro

Yeah...not sure why Peralta or Iglesias isn't playing third base.

EDIT: Probably because V-Mart can't gun anyone out if I had to guess.

Top Bottom