• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Kershaw is available for game 2 on. 5 days rest of the NLCS if this works too. Which would have him for game 7 as well if needed.

I like it.

BFIB

Well, so much for bunting with Adams :lol

Well, he tried. Morton matching Wacha so far. I just don't have a good feeling at all. I wanted to jump on Morton early, dip into that 'pen and really hurt the Bucs chances, especially with who knows going in game 5 (my guess is Cole). Not happening here.

andycapps

Has Kershaw ever pitched on short rest? I assume probably not, and probably not after going over 120 pitches. If he's up to his normal self, Braves are done. I would hope that they'll try to work the counts and try to get him to fatigue earlier. Easier said than done.

jakncoke

Banned
Pirates crowd tame again, probably because its chilly. Dont know what their excuse was yesterday. I feel like I got bait and switched after the emotion they showed during the Reds home game.

eznark

Banned
Great decision to start Kershaw. At worst you get Kershaw and Greinke. At best Kershaw wins, the Cardinals series drags on, and Kershaw gets to pitch again right away in the next series. Very little downside.

Ballsy move by Mattingly. Could blow up huge in his face if it backfires and they go back to ATL for Game 5 where the Braves already beat Greinke.

Malvingt2

Gerry Fraley‏@gfraley
Since 2000, pitchers who start a post-season game on less than 4 days rest are 20-32 with a 4.97 ERA in 82 starts.

Has Kershaw ever pitched on short rest? I assume probably not, and probably not after going over 120 pitches. If he's up to his normal self, Braves are done. I would hope that they'll try to work the counts and try to get him to fatigue earlier. Easier said than done.
Never has.

BFIB

3/21 with RISP. Once again, just like last year against the Giants, the Cards are having the absolute worst time to fall apart at the plate.

eznark

Banned
Ballsy move by Mattingly. Could blow up huge in his face if it backfires and they go back to ATL for Game 5 where the Braves already beat Greinke.

Big upside if they win and the Pirates go 5 though. He'd get Kershaw earlier and often-er in the NLCS.

GRIP

It would be really nice if we could get a guy on base. I mean, just one guy on base. I don't think that's asking too much.

Edit: Nope, not this inning.

jakncoke

Banned
God we're going to get no hit in our clinching game and somehow get blown out or heart break loss in game 5 arent we

I blame the quiet crowd. Where the passion and loudness for fucks sakes. This game could send us to the NLCS!!!

The thing with pitching Kershaw is he won't be able to pitch the first couple games of the NLCS. I guess they really have no faith in Nolasco right now.

Top Bottom