• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Who is this Dodger pitcher? He's got the stupidest pitching motion I've ever seen. He holds the ball above his head for like 3 seconds so the batter can see what type of grip he has. What kind of idiot is he?

Who is this Dodger pitcher? He's got the stupidest pitching motion I've ever seen. He holds the ball above his head for like 3 seconds so the batter can see what type of grip he has. What kind of idiot is he?
Paco Rodriguez. He's normally a good relief pitcher but for the past month and a half he's been absolutely shaky.

Meier

Paco Rodriguez has really struggled over the past month. :\

Paco Rodriguez. He's normally a good relief pitcher but for the past month and a half he's been absolutely shaky.

Yeah, we got spoiled with July and August. 1 ER in 24 appearances! He's young and maybe the nerves have finally gotten to him.

Jubs

Elimination game tomorrow with Freddy Garcia on the mound.

vl7c9RK.jpg

Meier

I feel like we'd be in a good position to beat the Pirates too if we both get to the NLCS.

(stupid database errors)

Meier

You never know. The Pirates are hot. It should be a good series if we both make it.

We have pretty similar teams in terms of not scoring many runs but giving up very few runs as well. I think our line-up is more dangerous though and certainly at least in terms of names, you'd have to think our starters are more daunting.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
My ideal lineup for tomorrow would be

Heyward 9
Upton 7
Freeman 3
Johnson 5
McCann 2
Simmons 6
Upton 8
Janish 4

Because fuck it why not

You're really going to take out the guy hitting fucking .500 in the series? Are you high? At least replace McCann with Gattis. McCann is hitting a fat .000 in the series.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
You're really going to take out the guy hitting fucking .500 in the series? Are you high? At least replace McCann with Gattis. McCann is hitting a fat .000 in the series.

Eh, sure. Doesn't really matter. Garcia is going to give up 12 runs.

nolasco's given up 17 runs in his last 3 games

lets hope he looks more like jul/august

i really do not want to go back to atlanta, even with kershaw

nolasco's given up 17 runs in his last 3 games

lets hope he looks more like jul/august

i really do not want to go back to atlanta, even with kershaw

Nolasco's last 3 starts:

0-2, 12.75 ERA. 19 runs (17 earned) in 12.0 innings. During that stretch, his ERA went from 3.14 to 3.72.

Freddy Garcia's last 3 starts:

1-1, 1.83 ERA. 4 runs in 19.2 innings with 16 strikeouts.

carlos

Gattis honestly isn't a bad catcher, but I wouldn't trust his pitch-calling abilities in the playoffs.

as opposed to McCann calling for teheran's flat slider over and over tonight?

I remember Gattis calling pretty good games early on in the year, in part because he was so unorthodox at it and surprised even his pitchers once in a while. Guy can frame pretty well too.

I'm sad to see McCann go with a whimper, below average season for him and bad playoffs so far....I'm looking forward to what Gattis can do with regular playing time, not having to be in LF and hopefully some improved plate discipline as he has shown lately.

Chris Capuano won in relief of ineffective rookie Hyun-Jin Ryu in a game that took 4 hours, 1 minute. The 13 runs allowed by the Braves equaled the most in club history for a postseason game. The last time the Braves allowed 13 runs in a postseason game was Game 6 of the 1992 NLCS against the Pirates. The Pirates beat the Braves 13-4 that night to even the series 3-3, one night before the infamous Game 7 that ended with Francisco Cabrera's pinch-hit into left field, leading to Sid Bream's legendary slide under Mike LaValliere's mitt to send the Braves to the 1992 World Series.

hmmm

I'm seeing a lot of people suggesting benching McCann, putting Gattis back at catcher, and going back to the normal J.Upton/B.Upton/Heyward outfield for Game 4. B.J.'s bat is going to be a black hole, obviously, but Gattis in LF has been more detrimental than anyone thought it would be. His fuckup in the second inning helped create that four-run inning. McCann's not hitting shit this series, so he rides the bench.

Here's what my lineup would be for Game 4:

1. Jason Heyward - RF
2. Justin Upton - LF
3. Freddie Freeman - 1B
4. Evan Gattis - C
5. Chris Johnson - 3B
6. Andrelton Simmons - SS
7. B.J. Upton - CF
8. Paul Janish - 2B
9. Freddy Garcia - P

I stick Janish in there because E.Johnson's also been a black hole this series. If you're going to get nothing offensively out of the 2B spot, might as well have Janish in there because his defense is better than Johnson's.

carlos

I think Janish can't play because of a broken nose in a weightlifting accident; laird is now our backup infielder O.O

I think mccann should get the nod on game 4, he has hit Nolasco very well and it would probably be his last game as a brave, so let him go out guns blazing, I guess.

alstein

Yeah, Janish should be made ineligible, and bring back Dan Uggla. Elliot Johnson's been that bad, which is what he really is. The Ramiro Pena injury really cost the Braves huge this year.

I'd keep McCann in for game 4, but game 5 I might have Gattis behind the plate. Platoon the catchers right now.

Top Bottom