• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

eznark

Banned
The thing with pitching Kershaw is he won't be able to pitch the first couple games of the NLCS. I guess they really have no faith in Nolasco right now.

Uh, if they pitched him in game 5 he wouldn't be available til even later.

Pitching him today means 2/6. Game five means 3/7.

He would be available for game 2 of NLCS on sat on 5 days of rest IIRC.

I hope that's the case. I also hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. It just sucks that we had to use Capuano yesterday, because I think we wouldn't make this move if we had him backing up Nolasco today.

Edit: to eznark, I'm talking about the scenario where we win game 4 either way. If we win in 5 while saving Kershaw for game 5, we start Greinke game 1 and have Ryu/Capuano for game 2. If we win in 5 with Kershaw today and Greinke game 5, we would have Ryu/Capuano/Nolasco game 1 and, if Fenderputty is correct, Kershaw game 2. I was afraid we'd have Ryu/Capuano/Nolasco for at least 1 if not both of the first 2 games, which would be a pretty bad way to start the series.

BFIB

MLB Network breakdown of the A's/Tigers game:

Homer-yells-nerd.gif

GRIP

WE DID IT! WE GOT A GUY ON BASE!

Garrett Jones is gonna hit this into the river!!!

....or strike out. that's more his style anyway.

Silkworm

I hope that's the case. I also hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. It just sucks that we had to use Capuano yesterday, because I think we wouldn't make this move if we had him backing up Nolasco today.

Capuano did a really nice job yesterday. He got behind but managed each time to dig himself out of it. I was also impressed with Howell. Sad to see Paco get hit around. I guess like someone else said he's just not himself of late. I guess if you use Paco, you just use him to get one out from here on out. Oh well, it's a calculated move and I'm not thrilled with it but I hope Kershaw can give a good 3-4 innings before things head south.

Silkworm

i would rather be haunted by the idea of the braves beating kershaw/grienke back to back then the idea of pitching nolasco in game 4

i think

i dont even wanna be looking at next series

Just survive and advance. If Ramirez can keep hot and have it rub off on the others hopefully (and unexpectedly) the hitting will carry the pitching.

Byrd with 3 strike outs. His Cub roots are showing mightily.

Yes I know M. Carpenter has 3 also.

NOOOOOO.

Mike Shannon: "You'd rather see him do that John than walk him."

What? No Mike, just no.

Top Bottom