• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

xbhaskarx

Well yeah, they still have a large scouting department that they rely on. I don't know enough to understand the process of being a scout, but the Braves are big believers in marrying scouting with statistical analysis. Generally, it seems to be working for them.

My point is, the observations this guy was making, could be handled a lot better by looking at stats, and it wouldn't require employing as may people and flying them around to ballparks. The whole thing seems like it should be obsolete by now...

as I looked at his game notes like "swings at the first pitch", "fastball down and away", "K down and away"... I wondered what insight he provided that wouldn't be evident to someone (even a casual viewer) watching the game on TV or even just looking at Pitchfx.

xbhaskarx

Those are some great seats.

Thanks, here's another shot
CC9Oc5F.jpg

Tigers why, this is going to be boring real soon.

I don't follow the AL, but I get the feeling the Tigers are some sort of minor underdog here?

otapnam

Not at all, just glad to see Oakland has fans once they finally reach existence.

cant post on gaf all the time you know? Im not even sure if you know the whole thing about the boycotts against lew wolff and the shitty owners. But then again i shouldnt be surprised that you wouldnt

Top Bottom