• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
And SI's cover this month. 3 Uptons.

BVk0OkxCcAAgqwQ.jpg
Detroit has no chance.

Futureman

is there a reason they play playoff games at 1 PM on a Friday?

Yes I'm a Pirates fan under 30 so I have no idea what baseball is or how this "MLB" thing is run, but I'm mystified why I can't hang with my friends on Friday night and watch a stellar post season match up.

Askani

Hey, Dayton Moore...what's up?

Dayton Moore said:
“In a small way, I feel like we’ve won the World Series.”

I have no rage.gif appropriate enough for this.

Dayton Moore said:
“What I’m saying, I mean, look, ‘World Series’ is the wrong term,” he says. “But I feel very, very good about where our organization is. It means a lot to me. You have to know how I’m wired. The only reason I’m a general manager is that this is my boyhood team. It’s a special place for me.…"

1985, Dayton. Last playoffs. Ninteen-hundred and eighty-fucking-five.

Dayton Moore said:
“I had a strong relationship with my grandmother, and she loved the Royals. When our games are on at night, I picture my grandmother and people of her generation loving and tuning into this game. I know how important it is to their lives.…"

At least you have warm fuzzies about gramgram though. The fans suffering is worth it. When that generation all dies off will we get back to the playoffs then?

Dayton Moore said:
“And it means a lot to me that little boys want to grow up and be baseball players so they can be like Sal Perez or Eric Hosmer. That means a lot to me. That means everything to me. That means more to me than winning a World Series.”

@(*^&(&@^&reh(fdh*#yd(*^&*^#&*^

Quit saying World Series to me right now. Quit it. Stop. Desist.

eznark

Banned
is there a reason they play playoff games at 1 PM on a Friday?

Yes I'm a Pirates fan under 30 so I have no idea what baseball is or how this "MLB" thing is run, but I'm mystified why I can't hang with my friends on Friday night and watch a stellar post season match up.

There are four games being played on Friday. Two of them involve west coast teams. The only realistic options were to play at 1 or 3.

Though it sucks. I really wish the first game were starting at 12 to at least give the possibility of being over by the time the second game starts. This way there is bound to be overlap.

Malvingt2

Mark Bowman‏@mlbbowman
Braves have announced their NLDS roster. Constanza Walden and Hale are included. Uggla is not

David O'Brien‏@ajcbraves
Garcia is on roster, Maholm is not.

Kevin McAlpin‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves NLDS pitchers (11): Avilan, Ayala, Carpenter, Garcia, Hale, Kimbrel, Medlen, Minor, Teheran, Walden, Wood

Jubs

Should have featured Justin only, in a tight embrace with Kate. BJ should not be getting this kind of shine.

B.J. only made the roster because there's some kind of unsurety with Schafer because he's been sick the last week. B.J. will be used as a pinch-runner at best.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
7 outfielders to 5 infielders makes no sense though. Did they learn nothing from 2010? Or would they put BJ in the infield if they had to?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
7 outfielders to 5 infielders makes no sense though. Did they learn nothing from 2010? Or would they put BJ in the infield if they had to?
fox and tbs paid the braves off. Can't show their parents every 5 seconds without both of them being on the roster.

Mark Bowman‏@mlbbowman
Braves have announced their NLDS roster. Constanza Walden and Hale are included. Uggla is not

David O'Brien‏@ajcbraves
Garcia is on roster, Maholm is not.

Kevin McAlpin‏@KevinMcAlpin
#Braves NLDS pitchers (11): Avilan, Ayala, Carpenter, Garcia, Hale, Kimbrel, Medlen, Minor, Teheran, Walden, Wood

Not shocked.

Excellent argument going on in Talking Chop about leaving Dan off the roster. Better hitter vs better defense.
And SI's cover this month. 3 Uptons.

BVk0OkxCcAAgqwQ.jpg

BJ is the odd one out.

Question: "This team is paying a lot of money to Dan Uggla and not having him on the roster is a big statement. Do you see Uggla being on this team in 2014?"

Fredi: "I'm worried about Kershaw tomorrow. That's all I'm thinking about."

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So real talk... Dan Uggla is currently the biggest bust in all of major league baseball.

I'd love to hear someone say otherwise.

BFIB

So real talk... Dan Uggla is currently the biggest bust in all of major league baseball.

I'd love to hear someone say otherwise.

Maybe if Uggla didn't wear jerseys two sizes too small he'd have some mobility.

Hamilton has to be close to the biggest.

verbum

A recent immigrant attends his first baseball game in his new country and after a base hit he hears the fans roaring "run....run"! The next batter connects heavily with the ball and the man stands up and roars with the crowd in his thick accent: "Run ya bastard, run will ya!" A third batter slams a hit and again the immigrant, obviously pleased with his knowledge of the game, screams "Run ya bastard, run will ya!" The next batter held his swing at three and two and as the ump calls a walk the Scotsman stands up yelling "Run ya bastard, run!" All the surrounding fans giggle quietly and he sits down confused.

A friendly fan, sensing his embarrassment whisper, "He doesn't have to run, he's got four balls." After this explanation the immigrant stands up in disbelief and
screams, "Walk with pride man! Walk with pride!!!!"

Futureman

There are four games being played on Friday. Two of them involve west coast teams. The only realistic options were to play at 1 or 3.

Though it sucks. I really wish the first game were starting at 12 to at least give the possibility of being over by the time the second game starts. This way there is bound to be overlap.

so the thinking is "Please the hardcore baseball fans who will watch all 4 games, screw the home team's fans"

Sounds like it'll be:

Wainwright vs Burnett
Lynn vs Cole?
Kelly vs Liriano

Wainwright will probably pitch on 3 days rest in Game 4 if the Cards are facing elimination in that game.

jakncoke

Banned
Time Warner is garbage. They tried to take away dodger and laker games at one point

They've liberally raised my rates so much this year. Oh hey your modem rental fee will double from 3 to 6 a month, oh hey we love to supply you wonderful internet at a competitive price but we have to raise your rates in 2 months by 8 bucks a month. Last year my rates for 20 mb internet basic cable was 53, my rates now are 68 a month iirc

Top Bottom