• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Postseason 2013 |OT| - Chicken n Beer-less Diet

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Remember this?

neogaf-mccutchen-response-mario.jpg

Braves informed Dan Uggla today that he's not on the NLDS roster. They are still mulling whether to take Jordan Schafer or B.J. Upton. The only issue with Schafer is that he's been battling some kind of health ailment in the last week.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm surprised Brandon Phillips didn't storm the TBS studio and berate all the guys up there for calling him out on being a total dick.

The worst part is we all knew the Reds were going to lose big. And just maybe, we are starting to get that 'the window is shutting' feeling, like what happened to the Brewers.

I'd like it if they were to hire a new manager, but I feel like it won't happen.
I'd like it if they were to go out and sign some free agents, but I feel like it won't happen.

Anyway, that's that. I'll never quit on them, even if things might be getting bumpy after a brief reprieve of mediocrity that gave me a little hope.

And I did say that I would root for the team that won tonight, but I'm just too bitter. I'm ready for my heel-turn of the year...

The league did it as a means to have more teams in the chase and add extra incentive to win the division by making it a one-game round. Started last season.

And fans are okay with it? I'd hate to see my team have the best wild card record then have to play the number 2 team in one game series and lose.

I've really been out of the loop for a few years but that sounds awful. To stay on topic it's great to see the Pirates finally make the postseason. They've always been my favorite NL team.

And fans are okay with it? I'd hate to see my team have the best wild card record then have to play the number 2 team in one game series and lose.

Yeah, that's what happened last year. The Braves got beaten by a team who finished six games back of them. Even worse, it was assisted by one of the worst umpire calls ever.

In the offseason Selig will unveil his last gift to MLB: The All-Star Series, a grueling best-of-nine series set in different parks all over the country, and even in Japan and the Dominican! It'll push the World Series to Thanksgiving, but think of the goodwill it'll bring to the world!

In the offseason Selig will unveil his last gift to MLB: The All-Star Series, a grueling best-of-nine series set in different parks all over the country, and even in Japan and the Dominican! It'll push the World Series to Thanksgiving, but think of the goodwill it'll bring to the world!

That reminds me of Scott Boras' idea to extend the World Series to a nine-game series and play the first two games in a neutral stadium.

Silkworm

But we've already go the awesome World Baseball Classic, the winner of which is the "true" World series winner ;-)

Etheus

Neo Member
Howard Lincoln did an interview today,

How do you sell this team to fans? If two fans were standing here right now and asked, ‘Why should we spend our money to go see your product?’ What do you tell them?

First I’d tell them that when you get to Safeco Field you are going to have a safe, friendly environment. You are going to be sitting in a first class ballpark. You are going to get great entertainment. It’s a great place to come whether it’s at the Pen or at Edgar’s or wherever. So there’s a lot of things going on at Safeco Field for the fans to enjoy besides watching major league baseball. And I would point that out to them. Many of our fans are thinking about things other than just what’s on the field, so we have to provide a really good entertainment experience across the board as well as getting that major league team to perform.

I hate this ownership.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Braves informed Dan Uggla today that he's not on the NLDS roster. They are still mulling whether to take Jordan Schafer or B.J. Upton. The only issue with Schafer is that he's been battling some kind of health ailment in the last week.
lol

eznark

Banned
Disappointed I won't be able to go to any playoff games this year but glad Dusty Baker is gone. And now I get 5 months of WHY DIDN'T THEY START CHAPMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? so that is nice.

I can't imagine caring less about this play in game tonight. Go Indians I guess. These games just feel like the Tuesday night games to decide who is the 16th seed in the NCAA tournament unless you have a rooting interest. Such a let down after a fun last week of baseball.

Disappointed I won't be able to go to any playoff games this year but glad Dusty Baker is gone. And now I get 5 months of WHY DIDN'T THEY START CHAPMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? so that is nice.

I can't imagine caring less about this play in game tonight. Go Indians I guess. These games just feel like the Tuesday night games to decide who is the 16th seed in the NCAA tournament unless you have a rooting interest. Such a let down after a fun last week of baseball.

Bad News on the Dusty front... seems like Jocketty has said Dusty will return. Now THAT is the sound of the window slamming shut. lol lol lol

Top Bottom