• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingbrave

Didn't realize there were so many Brave's fans.

Trying to find a game to come to this year. Need to see the Up's and JHey....

If it weren't for my seizures keeping me from driving I'd drive down once a week.

Brashnir

It was a period when bullpens were being moved from behind 1st/3rd base to the outfield and they were trying to save time. Eventually they realized having the guy walk 150 extra feet didn't matter so they scrapped it.

Edit - this was also the period after they lowered the pitching mound and adopted the designated hitter rule to increase offense, and the length of games was a big debate. games went from averaging a little over 2 hours to almost 3, and a lot of time-saving anachronisms were around back then. Eventually people got used to 3 hour games, and TV companies reminded MLB that they liked longer games and stoppages, which meant more commercials, so all that stuff was dropped.

harSon

Banned
Trying to update the teams image. Check your teams and tell me who to update/remove.

0xspXcv.png

492bBQI.png

Pirates

Lawrie not playing in Dunedin tonight. I'm going to assume he's headed to Kansas City. I'm sure everything will be announced when they give us a Reyes update.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Trying to update the teams image. Check your teams and tell me who to update/remove.

0xspXcv.png

492bBQI.png

I'm a Dodger fan, right down to my Dodgers 42 uniform front, and font, tattoo. Got it in honor of my Dad, who passed away about 8 years ago, and who, as a kid, liked baseball but didn't have a favorite team until Brooklyn brought Jackie up to play in the majors. He thought a team that would do that deserved his support. It's how a kid 60 miles from Cincinnati, and who grew up enduring the Big Red Machine ended up a Dodger fan as well. Love you, Dad, and I miss you terribly this time of the year...

alstein

Didn't realize there were so many Brave's fans.

Trying to find a game to come to this year. Need to see the Up's and JHey....

If it weren't for my seizures keeping me from driving I'd drive down once a week.

TBS was a hell of a drug. In my case- it's a combination of my grandpa being a farmhand on the backside of his MiL career (he did play with Eddie Matthews) and growing up with TBS during the Dale Murphy days.

The Braves have been the perfect tonic for the agony of Being a NCSU fan.

devilhawk

Royals

After watching the Royals - Blue Jays game last night I am quite sure that was the worst slide I have ever seen. That will snap your ankle every time. Plus it was bad call, he was out 2 different times as he was twice off the bag with a tag on him.

3N16MA

Banned
Royals

After watching the Royals - Blue Jays game last night I am quite sure that was the worst slide I have ever seen. That will snap your ankle every time. Plus it was bad call, he was out 2 different times as he was twice off the bag with a tag on him.

Looks like he had it standing up and just made a bad decision with that awkward late slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom