• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmdorsey

Trying to update the teams image. Check your teams and tell me who to update/remove.

0xspXcv.png

492bBQI.png

Add me to the Braves. Should have been there on but whatever. :p

Jose Reyes ‏@lamelaza_7 26s

Thank you everyone for all the good wishes. Don't worry, I will be back on the field soon! #bluejays #ilovethisteam

clav

Adam LaRoche's OBP is terrible.

I think I'm going to drop him from my team if he doesn't compensate that for hitting HRs.

8 games and only $3,000? Lol, fuck off MLB.
They weren't going to suspend him for as long as Greinke is out. I expected this. The 8 games is pretty much ruling him out of the series at Dodger Stadium and from any more confrontations during that series.

The last thing I want is another brawl to break out and more suspensions.

bjb

Banned
They weren't going to suspend him for as long as Greinke is out. I expected this. The 8 games is pretty much ruling him out of the series at Dodger Stadium and from any more confrontations during that series.

Yeah, so some tough guys don't dish out permanent brain damage again lol

Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo 1h

Valdespin said he spoke to Jose Reyes last night. Said Reyes was sad and told him he tore ligaments and expects to be out 3 months.
Retweeted by Gregor Chisholm

Uh oh

Jorge Castillo ‏@jorgeccastillo 1h

Valdespin said he spoke to Jose Reyes last night. Said Reyes was sad and told him he tore ligaments and expects to be out 3 months.
Retweeted by Gregor Chisholm

Uh oh

Considering what we saw, I would just be happy to have him back this season. Three months? Give him until the end of June/mid-July and we still have him for half a season. It's a huge blow though but the rest of the team needs to get their shit together anyways. We still have a great club on paper.

Considering what we saw, I would just be happy to have him back this season. Three months? Give him until the end of June and we still have him for half a season. It's a huge blow though but the rest of the team needs to get their shit together anyways. We still have a great club on paper.

If Bonifacio can get on base more he could work at the top of the order I guess, but it will still come down to starting pitching

bjb

Banned
What's funny about that?

Sarcasm. The suspension has little to do with keeping him out of Dodgers Stadium and more of dispensing semi-reasonable justice. Besides, I think he's appealing anyway - which (if it works like other sports) he can still play while the process is under review.

Sad because the cubs haven't won the world series since forever.

One year it's going to happen.
It blows my mind that the second longest WS championship drought is actually shorter than the Cubs' NL Pennant drought. Cleveland Indians won their last title in 1948 and the Cubs haven't been back to the Series since 1945. Don't know about the "lovable" part of their nickname, but they sure are losers.

Sarcasm. The suspension has little to do with keeping him out of Dodgers Stadium and more of dispensing semi-reasonable justice. Besides, I think he's appealing anyway - which (if it works like other sports) he can still play while the process is under review.
Of course. I'm just saying he wouldn't be playing in that series if he doesn't appeal (which I guess he is).

I wouldn't have expected any retaliation anyway since they'll be heavily warned beforehand.

bjb

Banned
Of course. I'm just saying he wouldn't be playing in that series if he doesn't appeal (which I guess he is).

I wouldn't have expected any retaliation anyway since they'll be heavily warned beforehand.

Mhmm, hell even the MLB Network guys were saying that it's unlikely the Dodgers will retaliate sometime soon. Might wait till August/September or next spring training.

Off hand I don't know what Quentin's contract status is beyond this season, but statistically you would assume he's likely to face Grienke himself again at some point.

Mhmm, hell even the MLB Network guys were saying that it's unlikely the Dodgers will retaliate sometime soon. Might wait till August/September or next spring training.

Off hand I don't know what Quentin's contract status is beyond this season, but statistically you would assume he's likely to face Grienke himself again at some point.
Quentin is signed for three more years so we'll see where this goes.

EDIT: Make that two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom