• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Eric O'Flaherty on the DL with an elbow strain. In the same week, EOF and Walden went on the DL, and Jonny Venters got his 2nd TJ surgery. Luis Ayala and Cristhian Martinez are still on the DL.

Amazing.

1) The GIF cuts off the end of the play, which saw the rightfielder sail the ball well over the catcher's head. So bad as that is, it actually gets worse.
Yeah, I couldn't find the extended version of the .gif with the throw home that wasn't really choppy though. Astros incompetence in a single play extended beyond the file size limit of popular image upload sites.

Macattk15

Well least its Felix and then Iwakuma ... so we can still split the series ....

Montero needs to be sent packing to Tacoma though. I don't care who takes his place on the roster.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
On the flip side, Colby Rasmus' younger brother, Cory, will now be in the bullpen, and will probably get to face his brother at some point when the Braves and Jays play next week.

So Jaime Garcia's shoulder finally exploded. He's getting DL'd with a shoulder sprain. Heading to see Dr. Andrews. Westbrook is already on the DL with elbow issues and they recently found scar tissue via MRI so he's going to be out longer than initially expected. Time to see what our young arms can do in the rotation!

Oh, and Boggs is now back in the major league bullpen!

So Jaime Garcia's shoulder finally exploded. He's getting DL'd with a shoulder sprain. Heading to see Dr. Andrews. Westbrook is already on the DL with elbow issues and they recently found scar tissue via MRI so he's going to be out longer than initially expected. Time to see what our young arms can do in the rotation!

Oh, and Boggs is now back in the major league bullpen!

Boo, Boo, and more Boo for Boggs returning.

I'm curious to see who they bring up.

Boo, Boo, and more Boo for Boggs returning.

I'm curious to see who they bring up.
Well, Boggs is coming up for Garcia so it means somebody currently in the pen is getting stretched out to start, I presume. Though I guess they could send down another reliever to bring up Wacha or something.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Eric O'Flaherty on the DL with an elbow strain. In the same week, EOF and Walden went on the DL, and Jonny Venters got his 2nd TJ surgery. Luis Ayala and Cristhian Martinez are still on the DL.

Amazing.
suddenly, the braves need bullpen help.

Fox318

00YJmno.jpg

I'd be upset too if my parents forced me to wear Yankees clothes.

You'd be grateful if your parents raised you a Yankee fan.

Macattk15

Justin Smoak has a wRC+ of 114 now .... never thought I'd see the day he was above average. If only he could start hitting the ball hard like he did today ...

rando14

Justin Smoak has a wRC+ of 114 now .... never thought I'd see the day he was above average. If only he could start hitting the ball hard like he did today ...

If he can stick around .260 or so I'll be satisfied I guess, he at least seems to have improved his plate discipline. however he needs to start hitting some more dingers , 2 by mid may aint cutting it. But eh I said I'd give him until June and thats what I'll do

Montero on the other hand, I see no place for him. Shoppach as the daily catcher, Smoak at 1st, Kendrys DH (with occasional raul ph), Montero on the bench until we can get a better catcher from AAA (zunino still struggling though last i checked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom