• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

image.php

Just too perfect.

Also, the second worst now? YAY! Astros movin' on up!

Wooooo winning a series. Feels good man.

My avatar has always been the "low hanging fruit" of avatar quotes. :p

40 games in, the Astros are on pace to lose 122 games. The Marlins are on pace to lose 121 games.

40 games in, the 1962 Mets were 12-28. The Astros are 10-30. The Marlins are 11-29.

Macattk15

Probably not, but at least he's making good progress from shoulder surgery and is going to start making rehab starts in the minors within a week.

He's also gotten some strong reviews from the Yankees brass. I know I shouldn't expect anything but I'm starting to hype myself up a little bit.

I'm not saying he won't be awesome when he makes his Yankee start ... I think he will be.

I just doubt his long term future.

But enjoy it while you can ... I know I certainly enjoyed him. More than I can fucking say for Montero who I loathe.

Montero is a ZERO tool fucking player right now.

Can't hit. Can't run. Can't catch. Can't throw. Can't hit for power.

God I hate him.

Seriously, one of these other two top NL Central teams need to start losing some fucking games.
The new wild card rules changed the rules so that division rivals can face each other in the LDS, right? Imagine if all three of our teams kept this up
:lol Pirates, right?
all season. Out of the 3 best NL teams, only 1 would actually play in a best of 7 series.

Askani

"@Royals: #Royals option RHP Kelvin Herrera to Triple-A Omaha, and recall RHP Louis Coleman, who will be in uniform for tonight's game."

Yup

Malo

Banned
I'm not saying he won't be awesome when he makes his Yankee start ... I think he will be.

I just doubt his long term future.

But enjoy it while you can ... I know I certainly enjoyed him. More than I can fucking say for Montero who I loathe.

Montero is a ZERO tool fucking player right now.

Can't hit. Can't run. Can't catch. Can't throw. Can't hit for power.

God I hate him.
I'm actually surprised at how bad Montero is, I thought he would rake. I never expected this out of him, but at least you guys still have Noesi!

40 games in, the Astros are on pace to lose 122 games. The Marlins are on pace to lose 121 games.

40 games in, the 1962 Mets were 12-28. The Astros are 10-30. The Marlins are 11-29.

Who's more likely to break the record? I think it has to be the Astros. They have no help on the way, and they're totally inept at hitting, pitching and fielding...whereas the Marlins will probably get Stanton back, and their pitching hasn't been completely awful. (In other words, I agree with SB Nation.) I think they'll both lose at least 110 games, though.

Chris R

How many more games do the Astros have against the Mariners? You can count at least 2/3rds of those as wins :|

Friggz

I'm actually surprised at how bad Montero is, I thought he would rake. I never expected this out of him, but at least you guys still have Noesi!

seattle is where young promising players go to die...(smoak, montero, ackley)

Its amazing that the yankees might actually win this trade.

That being said, i think the trade to seattle really ruined montero mentally. They are a losing team with no real future in sight. Thats a hard pill to swallow when you are coming from the yankees.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
seattle is where young promising players go to die...(smoak, montero, ackley)

Its amazing that the yankees might actually win this trade.

That being said, i think the trade to seattle really ruined montero mentally. They are a losing team with no real future in sight. Thats a hard pill to swallow when you are coming from the yankees.
It's obvious that Jack Z is cursed.

Sanjuro

They just aired the tribute video. Pretty great.

I never liked Francona much when he came in, but he was masterful with the Boston media. I've never seen anyone graciously handle them like that. Besides all that, he is a pretty awesome guy. Good sense of humor, doesn't take himself very seriously.

Syrinx

Tito seems to be doing a damn good job with Cleveland. Somebody who regularly watches their games can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sanjuro

Tito seems to be doing a damn good job with Cleveland. Somebody who regularly watches their games can correct me if I'm wrong though.

It's tough for a manager to get too much or too little credit. Indians are slugging their way to success, must be something in the stadium mustard.

Francona is probably one of the most conservative managers in the game. Which depending on the team can go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom