• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinse82

5JwbR24.gif

Wow Mariners! Morse is looking good, Iwakuma was practically perfect aside from the Cespedes bomb, and Seager reached base in all five PA's.

The bottom of the rotation is going to come around and tag us with an L at some point, but damn, riding the crest of the wave feels good.

alstein

Wow Mariners! Morse is looking good, Iwakuma was practically perfect aside from the Cespedes bomb, and Seager reached base in all five PA's.

The bottom of the rotation is going to come around and tag us with an L at some point, but damn, riding the crest of the wave feels good.

I think you guys are going to get to 82 at least this year- I'm pulling for you guys (unless you make it to the WS against the Braves)

BFIB

I was hoping someone would have put a .gif up of Kozma's HR that hit the girl in the face......while her b/f jumps out of the way.

Holliday's perfect golf swing on a baseball was fun to watch as well. Glad to see the offense finally arrived in Arizona.

rando14

I was hoping someone would have put a .gif up of Kozma's HR that hit the girl in the face......while her b/f jumps out of the way.

Holliday's perfect golf swing on a baseball was fun to watch as well. Glad to see the offense finally arrived in Arizona.

claviertekky posted it

bell-kozma-lol.gif

zulux21

MLB is letting people choose which game they want to see free on MLB.com every Thursday. to vote just go to the link and tweet out which game you want to see. closes on Thursday 9 am Eastern Time.

http://mlb.mlb.com/fan_forum/social_media/polls/bkpoll.jsp?partnerId=as_mlb_20130403_6829444

-_-
they had it listed that the white sox game was going to be the free game this thursday two days ago... and it's not even an option to vote for :/

oh well, at least I know my Thursdays will be clear of free baseball games.

Parch

Fan injuries at ballparks are almost always females or kids who are not paying attention, or fans who try to cover up. Catch the ball or get the hell out of the way, don't stand there and get beaned.

Fan injuries at ballparks are almost always females or kids who are not paying attention, or fans who try to cover up. Catch the ball or get the hell out of the way, don't stand there and get beaned.

Whenever I'm at a game and see all these dopes on their smartphones as a pitch is being thrown, I secretly hope a line drive nails one of them.

rinse82

I was at a Jays-Yanks game a few years ago and this old lady got totally destroyed by a Yankee line drive.

It was pretty bad, the sound of the impact made me think it hit the seat. Her bloody face told me I was wrong.

Jon

When I went to see the Phillies play the Jays in Toronto, I was down the right field line watching batting practice, and Dom Brown RIPPED one into the stands. We all scattered, but it hit this lady right behind me square in her temple. She had to be carted out and was taken to a hospital.

Parch

I used to go to a lot of triple-A games and by far the most injuries happened to females. They tend to not follow the game and get clobbered by the line drives and foul balls.

It's easy to tell the fans to pay attention but most females and kids just don't. Now there's the smartphone zombies as well. It's almost to the point where the league should consider making the backstop netting much bigger like they did with hockey.

BFIB

I used to go to a lot of triple-A games and by far the most injuries happened to females. They tend to not follow the game and get clobbered by the line drives and foul balls.

It's easy to tell the fans to pay attention but most females and kids just don't. Now there's the smartphone zombies as well. It's almost to the point where the league should consider making the backstop netting much bigger like they did with hockey.

No way. I hated it in Hockey, and MLB doesn't need it. Once they get hit, they'll learn.

zulux21

Hey, it's a huge step up from last year when our rotation was:

1. Luke Hochevar
2. Bruce Chen
3. Jonathan Sanchez
4. [various relievers filling in]
5. [various relievers filling in]

...and then we fired Sanchez

you can't forget guthrie who was added later he owned the white sox last year for the royals :/ (1 earned run in 29.2 innings against the white sox last year)

Yeah, that's who we got for Sanchez. Which was a huuuuuuuge trade up.

Now it's:

James Sheilds
Ervin Santana
Jeremy Guthrie
Wade Davis
Luis Mendoza

Which may seem like a shitty group by some teams' standards, but for us, it's great!

zulux21

Yeah, that's who we got for Sanchez. Which was a huuuuuuuge trade up.

Now it's:

James Sheilds
Ervin Santana
Jeremy Guthrie
Wade Davis
Luis Mendoza

Which may seem like a shitty group by some teams' standards, but for us, it's great!

oh chen isn't a starter anymore, sweet that means the white sox won't face him anymore, good news for me. Chen had a down year against the white sox last year but still had a half point lower on his ERA against the white sox than his season average.

but yeah it's way better this year, it's not amazing but it's a big step up, and if KC didn't have that huge losing streak early on last year they would have been at least in the running at the allstar break.

Syrinx

About 7 years ago I was at Camden Yards for a Red Sox-Orioles game, and somebody (I think Ortiz) hit a line drive that went into the deck below us. Guy walking down the aisle with two beers in hand got hit smack on the head.

oh chen isn't a starter anymore, sweet that means the white sox won't face him anymore, good news for me. Chen had a down year against the white sox last year but still had a half point lower on his ERA against the white sox than his season average.

but yeah it's way better this year, it's not amazing but it's a big step up, and if KC didn't have that huge losing streak early on last year they would have been at least in the running at the allstar break.

Yeah, that 12 game losing streak. :(

Considering they finished only 16 back, they really weren't far from being in it with the Sox and Tigers if it hadn't been for that.

Oh, Chen is in the bullpen now, so you'll probably still be seeing some of him! Hoch too.

EDIT: Wow, Peavy is pitching great but Viciedo and Alexi each committed an error and just gave us a free run.

Enron

Banned
Oh, and since i couldn't do this earlier because I was on.....vacation....here are these.

Pick'ems:

AL East
Blue Jays
Rays (WC)
Orioles
Red Sox
Yankees

AL Central
Tigers
White Sox
Royals
Indians
Twins

AL West
Rangers
Angels (WC)
A's
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Nationals
Braves (WC)
Phillies
Mets
Marlins

NL Central
Cardinals
Reds (WC)
Brewers
Pirates
Cubs

NL West
Giants
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Padres

NL MVP: J. Upton
AL MVP: M. Trout
NL Cy: Kershaw
AL Cy: Darvish

AL Champ: Rangers
NL Champ: Braves
World Series: Rangers

zulux21

Yeah, that 12 game losing streak. :(

Considering they finished only 16 back, they really weren't far from being in it with the Sox and Tigers if it hadn't been for that.

Oh, Chen is in the bullpen now, so you'll probably still be seeing some of him! Hoch too.

EDIT: Wow, Peavy is pitching great but Viciedo and Alexi each committed an error and just gave us a free run.

well if you assume they played 500 during that streak they still would have been 10 back, but at the all star break they would have been pretty close as detroit took off after that.

and yeah he will be in the bullpen but that will only be an inning or two from time to time instead of for 6 innings.

yeah.. I am listening to the game it's sounding like it's really really sad.

also the white sox really need to start getting runners on before home runs and in general batting around... I know it's early but it's sad that third of the way through the second game 100% of your runs are from solo home runs

mernst23

well if you assume they played 500 during that streak they still would have been 10 back, but at the all star break they would have been pretty close as detroit took off after that.

and yeah he will be in the bullpen but that will only be an inning or two from time to time instead of for 6 innings.

yeah.. I am listening to the game it's sounding like it's really really sad.

also the white sox really need to start getting runners on before home runs and in general batting around... I know it's early but it's sad that third of the way through the second game 100% of your runs are from solo home runs

Flowers on pace for 162 jacks this year.

zulux21

Flowers on pace for 162 jacks this year.
heck, two home runs in the first week of baseball is way more production than I expected from flowers let alone in the first two games lol. ( was expecting something like 2 hits in his first 20 at bats lol)

Shit, I thought Bruce Chen stopped playing in the bigs, like, five years ago.

if only, he might not be lights out in general, but against the white sox he has always pitched well :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom