• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Regular Season 2013 |OT| - Natinals Already Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

yay not all of the runs are scored via solo home runs...
now it's just all 5 runs are scored via home run >.>; 3 solos and 1 two run :/

ESPN did some creative surveys of 110 anonymous players:

Which player do you think will be a breakout star in 2013?
-- Anthony Rizzo 12.1%
-- Starling Marte 8.8%
-- Bruce Rondon 7.7%

anonymous veteran relief pitcher said:
Normally, you don't want a rookie closer. But Rondon is scary nasty. He's as good as the legends about him throwing 104.

Do you know of any gay players?
-- No 94.6%
-- Yes 5.4%

anonymous National League player said:
Yes, but that's as far as I want to go, even if this is anonymous.

Which team is the hottest mess in baseball?

-- Miami Marlins 43%
-- Houston Astros 38%
-- Boston Red Sox 10%

anonymous National League pitcher said:
It's not close; the Red Sox will be a disaster. And I bet the pressure builds as the team spirals too.
anonymous pitcher said:
New team, new owners, new league -- the Astros are a complete mess.
anonymous catcher said:
What the Marlins did is a disgrace. I've talked to other players. That will be remembered by free agents for a long time.

Who is the last player you'd ever want to add to your clubhouse?
-- Alex Rodriguez 28.4%
-- A.J. Pierzynski 14.9%
-- Ryan Braun 10.8%

anonymous National League pitcher said:
I'll go with A-Rod, and I love saying it. For the money he makes, he brings nothing but headaches.
anonymous American League hitter said:
Nobody likes Braun. He cheated, and the only reason he got off is that the old owner of the team is the commissioner.

Who has the most creative infield chatter in MLB?
-- Brandon Phillips 25.8%
-- Orlando Hudson 24.7%

anonymous National League outfielder said:
It's very close. I'll go with Phillips because he's so creative that I don't even know what he's talking about. With both guys, though, it's just a bunch of words.

Which player has the worst potty mouth in baseball?
-- Grant Balfour 21.4%
-- A.J. Pierzynski 8.9%
-- Kevin Youkilis 8.9%

Which non-playoff team from 2012 will surprise the most in 2013?
-- Toronto Blue Jays 29.8%
-- Los Angeles Angels 18.3%

Which 2012 playoff team is most likely to not make the postseason in 2013?
-- Oakland Athletics 28.6%
-- Baltimore Orioles 16.7%

In your opinion, what percentage of players are still taking performance enhancing drugs?
-- 9.2% (average answer)

Have you ever been dishonest with a trainer about a potential concussion?
-- No 93.3%
-- Yes 6.7%

If your team was out of the playoffs, which team would you root hardest against?
-- New York Yankees 41.1%
-- San Francisco Giants 15.3%

If your team was out of the playoffs, which team would you most root for to win the World Series?
-- Detroit Tigers 9.6%
-- Atlanta Braves 8.4%

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9126106/searching-truth-baseball-hottest-topics

Okay great, our new #2 is a meatball factory, and Rex Hudler has already spaced out of the game in the 5th inning and is ignoring the action, telling an excruciatingly long story about eating a bug.

The Royals season is officially underway!

zulux21

Okay great, our new #2 is a meatball factory, and Rex Hudler has already spaced out of the game in the 5th inning and is ignoring the action, telling an excruciatingly long story about eating a bug.

The Royals season is officially underway!

well he did average giving up 2 home runs per 9 innnings last year, so it shouldn't be too surprising.

Joe

It's all over the place. Audio cutting in and out, app crashing, radio not working at all on some phones.

Hmm. I listen to it constantly (including right now) and it's usually great. Now and then it crashes, but that's usually because I jump on Live Looks as soon as they pop up so it has to switch around a lot. I'm on a 3GS, too.

zulux21

an error and 3 relievers later manage to get out of the 7th without giving up a run @_@

another run another solo home run
god I hope it's not one of those years where all the runs come from home runs, they tend to lead to very dark times when the power goes into a slump :/

Askani

Two games, two bases loaded situations, multiple outs to give up both times...score no runs.

Hoo-ahh! Royals baseball ya'll!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
BG8vxzJCEAA-4li.jpg

zulux21

Man, some Sox fan is talking amazing shit out there, I just heard "MOVE YOUR BELLY OUT OF THE WAY, FAT ASS!" when Billy Butler was up.

every game seems to have at least one loud mouth jerk with a potty mouth no matter where you are.

Personally I really like billy butler, I've been watching him since spring training 2007 when it caught my interest while I was watching a white sox spring training game. he is just a joy to watch bat.

zulux21

Well, that's that! GG, Zul!
It was quite fun having a white sox royals game being discussed while it was going, both teams tend to be ignored ><;

Odds are you will have a win tomorrow... I feel that floyd is the weakest (specialty early in the year) of the white sox rotation and if guthrie can even remotely be in the form he was against the white sox last year after 6 innings it should be something like 5-1 KC.

Though to be fair I had expected KC to sweep the white sox coming into this series. KC has had the white sox number the last few years, tends to start off hot, and had a good spring. The best part about baseball though is it's hard to predict how any one series will go.

Either way I wouldn't mind one bit if KC went on fire for the rest of the month after leaving the white sox, I don't mind them at all and they have some tough teams coming up that I would like to see them beat (phillies, jays, braves, tigers, and rays this month)

Parch

That poll must have been taken a while ago considering Rondon isn't in the majors.

Still a fun read. They should do these anonymous polls more often.

zulux21

Was this before the game? The place is deserted.

it was a 1pm start on a weekday against the royals... it was destined to be empty for the white sox.

heck even if it was against the cubs i doubt it would be sold out.

Perkins is filthy. Too bad he's never going to get to save games this year.

now now if the astro's can lead the league in wins at any point this season there is always hope that perkins will get a few save chances :p

also man... phil coke is the tigers closer... I wonder if the games blown by the closer will be over 10 this year... i know I wouldn't want coke as my closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom